Give Yourself an Avatar Pic!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna win any pals by expressing this sentiment but here goes....
It's a thing that helps slow down the page loading in your browser. Animated ones oughta be banned outright.
And yes I have a block on them all, but it still slows things while my browser parses the page.

Oh and signature lines & vanity pics that take half or more of my screen, make me thankful for the option to turn them off.
If you're not a sponsor, Then it's excess clutter that belongs on your profile page.
Yeah man!

So are you going to give yourself one?

I'm not gonna win any pals by expressing this sentiment but here goes....
It's a thing that helps slow down the page loading in your browser. Animated ones oughta be banned outright.
And yes I have a block on them all, but it still slows things while my browser parses the page.

Oh and signature lines & vanity pics that take half or more of my screen, make me thankful for the option to turn them off.
If you're not a sponsor, Then it's excess clutter that belongs on your profile page.
A small avatar pic ain't goin to slow anything down, but yes, I hate the moving sig things. We are on satellite here and it isn't very fast, so I try and block all flashing, moving stuff. You already have a avatar btw...

Hmm, If My not choosing one would cause the default pic to go away and just simply leave an empty spot, then I'd stay blank.
I figure our usernames identify us sufficiently.
Obviously I'm in the minority, not only here, But on the web as a whole.
If something catches my attention I might relent a lil and slap it on.
On top of the loading gripe, I guess the slight case of Aspergers in me just doesn't get the whole festoonment thing.
But my irreverent streak sometimes sorta catches onto stuff.

Edit: Sunfish - yeah, I truly wish my not adding one would make the default one just go away.

Hmm, If My not choosing one would cause the default pic to go away and just simply leave an empty spot, then I'd stay blank.
I figure our usernames identify us sufficiently.
Obviously I'm in the minority, not only here, But on the web as a whole.
If something catches my attention I might relent a lil and slap it on.
On top of the loading gripe, I guess the slight case of Aspergers in me just doesn't get the whole festoonment thing.
But my irreverent streak sometimes sorta catches onto stuff.

Edit: yeah, I truly wish my not adding one would make the default one go away
Your avatar is a photo of an old fashion microphone on my screen,

Avatars say a lot of things about you. About 17 years ago I had a choice between a Harley-Davidson and the Ford Ranger in my Avatar. I chose the truck, started collecting my own firewood, and it may have been one of the smartest decisions of my life. Seven hundred loads of firewood later I'm still driving it.

Avatars say a lot of things about you. About 17 years ago I had a choice between a Harley-Davidson and the Ford Ranger in my Avatar. I chose the truck, started collecting my own firewood, and it may have been one of the smartest decisions of my life. Seven hundred loads of firewood later I'm still driving it.

Now we are talking! Stories behind avatars.

Mine is pretty simple. I install professional commercial grade sound systems and other electronic devices for a living.

Hey Rory you had a stick figure with a chainsaw earlier, were did it come from? I have been looking for an avatar but, I cant seem to find one I like and that kinda piqued my interest.

My three year wedding anniversary and your one year echo 900 anniversary. I hope you at least got her a card...

:laugh:

Your wife or the saw? I actually need to install a new starter rope on it.

By the way, Happy Anniversary. Just don't mention that I am responsible for any of the junk you have laying around.

Back