Gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atlas rubber coated. I might go through a pack a year (12 gloves) and I touch a lot of wood... (uh.... hahaha! The tree kind you sickos!) A pack is around $40.

Blue for summer, grey for winter.

Leather gloves... I've blown out pairs in less than a day!

image.jpg I prefer the cut resistant Great White poly coated gloves..I hate the heavy, bulky cuffed leather work gloves for messing with firewood...zero feel or grip.

We use these at work and when they get saturated with oil most guys toss them in the trash..I take them home and give'em a good washing and they're as good as new.

View attachment 550557 I prefer the cut resistant Great White poly coated gloves..I hate the heavy, bulky cuffed leather work gloves for messing with firewood...zero feel or grip.

We use these at work and when they get saturated with oil most guys toss them in the trash..I take them home and give'em a good washing and they're as good as new.

Those look just like the Atlas gloves. I wonder who is copying who?

300.jpg

Atlas rubber coated. I might go through a pack a year (12 gloves) and I touch a lot of wood... (uh.... hahaha! The tree kind you sickos!) A pack is around $40.

Blue for summer, grey for winter.

Leather gloves... I've blown out pairs in less than a day!

Atlas gloves with the blue rubber coating hold up good. I buy them by the dozen on ebay as well. There are a lot of copies out there of the Atlas gloves I just don't know if they hold up as well. I'll stick to what I know lasts. Any leather based glove fails quickly.

I got a pair in November that is a lined leather type glove. I was actually admiring this morning how well they have held up. Honestly I think I will make the season with them. Maybe it's the creosote and ash making them wear better :) Have to look at the name when I get home.

Those look just like the Atlas gloves. I wonder who is copying who?
A bunch of years back our safety guy conducted some testing and there where a dozen or more different manufacturers of gloves just like the ones both you and I are talking about. Our shop went with the Great Whites because they had the best balance of durability , fit and price.

They aren't very warm though..the poly coating seems to cause a little sweat even when cold out..then the evaporation makes for cold hands.

I keep a couple pairs laying on the hyd. ram and switch out ever so often.

I can tell you it's damn near impossible to cut them...they are woven with Dyneema fiber and where designed for use in machine shops and around sheet metal.

Stealth Cold War gloves. They work well in the winter and last quite awhile. My wife washes them and it takes me 10 minutes to get the fingers back in place. I keep several pairs on the go so I have dry ones. I buy them by the dozen and they are Can $7.50 a pair. I wear the Stealth Black Ops for the rest of the year. They are a thin real lightweight glove but I pay less than Can$2.00 a pair for them so no complaints.
http://www.ihlcanada.com/19587.html

I have a pair of insulated Kinco gloves ($12 ea) and the Costco ropers gloves ($20/3). The Kinco gloves hold up well, I think Ill get a full season out of them. The Coscto gloves are cheap enough I don't care about how they last, but the hold up pretty well for me. Always lose them before the wear out.

In warm weather I use the cheap yellow cotton "monkey face" gloves. Usually buy in ten packs.

In winter I use the rattiest insulated leather gloves I have. Firewood is tough on gloves so no sense wrecking good ones.

I have been using the atlas gloves in the winter for 3 or 4 years now and they last as well as I can expect a glove to last doing firewood. Warmer months I buy the Home Depot dipped rubber gloves (orange to match the Stihl haha). I have been know to wear out the middle finger first and wrap some duct tape on it until wear through a 2nd finger, then toss them. A full day of splitting with easily wear through a pair of gloves.

Yes.

This after 2 years of wood and then there were 3 days straight of handling block in there.

They are cut proof gloves that are 50 bucks a pair.

Absolutely not worth it to average guy.

I wear out the fingers on everything.

Cenex red brands have been good.

I live in Kinco pigskin the winter. Awesome gloves.

Go through a pair a year

Atlas thermal fit gloves for me. I have tried other brands of coated gloves but the Atlas gloves hold up the best. I used to go with the "fit" gloves for warmer weather but I pretty much switched to the thermal fit gloves year around. I split a 12 pack with my dad and they last us about a year. I probably lose as many pairs as I wear out.

Problems I've had with other brands are awful rubber smell, getting stiff especially when left in a hot car, rubber coating peeling off with wear. None of this seems to happen with the atlas gloves.

I prefer the Grey Atlas gloves they seem to hold up the longest. I bought a brand new pair of wells lamont leather gloves (JUNK) within 2 hours the seams were ripping out. Duct tape got them thru the week before the leather started to get holes. Recently bought a pair of black cold weather gloves from HD similar to Atlas so far so good!

Latest posts

Back