Gmc topkick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rydnruff

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
there is a 2003 gmc topkick 6500 with 6995 org. miles and a 366 gas motor. it has a 11 ft. southco box and a man box. truck is clean no rust or dents and the box has not ever really had chips in it .this was not an asplundh truck repainted.he wanted 16000 but u got him down to 12000 does this sem like a good deal or should i hold out

If it was me. I would go and buy a used aspludh truck and paint it. I've got 2 of them. The 366 motors are great motors if there taken care of, meaning everytime you fuel, check the oil. Alot of guys on here will tell you that there junk, but for the money, torque and fuel consumption.. you can't beat them. They will use a quart about every 1000 miles. They are also very easy to change if you would ever have to. Aspludh knew what they were doing when they put these motors in these trucks. I can have one out and in of the kodiak/topkicks in about 6 hrs.

Price of truck sounds fair for my area as long as its mint. Got any pics?

i will try and get pics tommorow.i swear this thing looks like it hasent been used. the man said he only worked local and most always took his bucket trucksaid he was gettin to old to climb anymore.and never had to drive to a dump just dumped it on his farm.the interior is perfect the tires are still at least 97% and the man box i think housed a rake.he is now out of buisness and just wants it gone.only thing is it will look purty funny towing my 6"er.till i gets a bigger one

im going by there in the morning to tell him i want. i dont reall have to worry about anybody buying it. its 3blks from n.e. washington d.c.a very bad area you only drive thru and dont stop.that wher his buddy big ass shop is he works on the districts of columbia school busses thats where. the truck is but in the fence. no one in that area give a crap about a tree truck its been there a couple months. and what is a man box for, can i put something else there instead.

thanks guys

I had a GMC Brigadier ten wheeler, all wheel drive. Sold it with 328,000 miles on a CAT 3208 Diesel. That truck was unstoppable. I have heard the Topkicks are good trucks too, and I like the way they look. Sounds like a good deal to me, as long as everything on it functions as it should. Get them pics up when you can.

topkick

2003 topkick for $12,000 buy it good deal.most of them 1997-2000 go for $14,000 and up good find.If it has clutch check it out make sure it is good gets costly.make sure rear transfer case is good check fluid and check for grinding or vibration

Last edited:
Back