Golf piston kits - any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I haven't made a decision yet. But, I did price the the factory piston kit from Shindaiwa at $81.06. The Golf Piston Kit from Curt is $30. I emailed him and asked him what his experiences with them are and what he thinks of them - here is his response. "I have sold aftermarket pistons and havent had a complaint as of tonight. Hope I am not jinxing myself but thats fact. I like testing what I sell and I have alot of local loggers that use saws on a daily basis, I am replacing pistons and jugs for these guys (one of each that I have). Not replacing more than one of each that I have, but I am able to test accurately of the quality of the pistons and cylinders. As of to date, I am satisfied in these. If I start getting complaints, you will know because I will quit selling them. I will stand behind the aftermarket items as I do
anything else I sell as far as satisfaction guaranteed
." I almost want to try it and save $50 - but with Freakingstangs bad experience with the AIP piston in his 066, I am hesitant. Come on guys, convince me one way or the other.

$50 difference isn't much in comparison to a new cylinder.

There isn't enough usage out there to make an informed decision. Sure Freaken has a bad experience, but what if two others say they are o.k.? Not enough data... You have to make the choice yourself...

If you what my 2c, put in the factory piston/rings/pin.

i have used several of the baileys aftermarket pistons, those do hold up quite well. im not sure when i will get the chance to use this AIP. the baileys pistons are shaped just like the factory pistons, possibly even a tad thicker webbing.

Latest posts

Back