Good All-Round Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sting

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This somewhat follows my post on my 3270...

If trying to fix the 3270 is a lost cause, I will be without a saw, as my Pioneer Holiday has its day as well, I'm afraid.

Now, as I can't buy two saws to replace them, what would be a good all-round saw, mainly for home use? The Holiday was 55cc and the 3270 a 77cc. Most of trees I'd cut would probably be under 30" wide, and mostly hardwoods Maple, Oak, etc.

Main dealers in my neck of the woods sell Husky and Stihl, so I'm going to stick to those brands.

Thanks!

I would also say go for the husky 365. Excellent saw with great power and very, very durable. Great for cutting in hardwood, put an 18"-24" chain on and have at it. I would put a hole in the front support bracket on the muffler to gain a good deal more power. Will only take a half hour, well worth it!! Other good choices for you would be the Jonsered 2065, or the stihl 360 pro. Good luck.

Matt

if i was in your position id contact dozer dan,on this forum. sometimes he has souped up 372 etc. a little loud ,but itll change how u feel, after working all day with a saw. sore back an all.

Thanks for the advice guys...

I'm defininately looking at the Husky 365...

I think I'll be picking one up in the next couple of days.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the 365!!!!! Let us know what you end up with.

Matt;)

Back