Good dealer.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the Spence Ranch, near Angels Camp. It crosses Hwy 4 and Hwy 49. It's about a 90 min drive for me, but in the fall I can hunt in the morning and cut in the afternoon. Doesn't get any better than that!
Brad

Hey Brad, where is that ranch? I live near Placerville and thought I might know it. Mike

Electricity in Cali is expensive. Funny though, the same people who shut down the nuclear power plant in Sacramento for environmental reasons are starting to come around to nuclear power again, for environmental reasons. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Around here the power lines are all above ground and with the tall pine trees everywhere any sizable storm means the power will go out. That's one reason I like wood heat and propane for the rest.
Brad

Brad, My power provider is the Marquette board of light and power. They do not offer off peak rates to residential customers.
FWIW my last bill was over $100. I would kill to have Sugerbushes bill of $112 for electricity and heat.

Last edited:
Brad, My power provider o=is the Marquette board of light and power. They do not offer off peak rates to residential customers.
Ok. Then wood boiler heat is probably about the most economical for you, considering the old owner's propane bills. However, off peak electric heat is very economical, if its available.

A indoor stove wood use less wood, but I dont want to deal with the mess, smoke and increased insurance costs.
IN 5 or so more years I plan on getting on of the new gassification OWB like the one Wooddoctor sells.
I

A indoor stove wood use less wood, but I dont want to deal with the mess, smoke and increased insurance costs.
IN 5 or so more years I plan on getting on of the new gassification OWB like the one Wooddoctor sells.
I

Yeah if you only want to heat your house and don't have any other buildings you want to heat, then an indoor woodstove would use less wood. I'm not sure if it would be much more economical considering the increased insurance costs you've mentioned. Some insurance companies won't even cover you if you use an indoor woodstove as your primary heatsource. Do you have a backup heat source? I'm not familiar with the wooddoctor outdoor boilers.

thats just the elec. bill for the heat, the light bill is about 80 a month and hot water 8.00 or 9.00 a month. its set up on 3 meters. I never expected the heat to be that cheap when we had put in. originally i was going to have the system heated with propane but the contractor talked me into off peak elec. initially its more expensive because you have to put in a back up system to qualify for the off peak and our's is forced air propane, which we use spring and fall.

Back