Good dealer.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40" long or 40" tip? lol
If it's a 40" tip and 10' long, thats 810 ft. on the Doyle and at 14#/ft. thats
about 13,500# appox. But who's got a Maple log with a 40" tip? Only one guy I know of.
Hahaha
John

810 ft. x 14#/ft = 11,340#

John, I seem to be missing 2160# based on that equation. Are those US #'s or Canadian #'s? :)

John, I seem to be missing 2160# based on that equation. Are those US #'s or Canadian #'s? :)
Suffice it to say, even though I was a ton off in my original calulation since I did it off the top of my head. I believe even 11,340 would render a significant blow to 346. Wouldn't you?
John

Trimmed, I think they must have been US numbers lol. I'm selling to the Chinese now because they pay more. In fact sometimes they can't distnguish between the butt and the tip, which means I gain on the scale. The Americans want to cherry pick, while the orientals buy everything, even what I can pack out on my shoulders. If I had to sell to the Canajins, I'd be felling with a crosscut and skidding with a team of dogs. Lol
John

Last edited:
Suffice it to say, even though I was a ton off in my original calulation since I did it off the top of my head. I believe even 11,340 would render a significant blow to 346. Wouldn't you?
John

Yup, I think 11,340 would make a nice dent ;)

Ben, I have come to the conclusion you just like to argue with everyone and anywhere you are on the web. If someone says orange you say red :dizzy: if someone says heavier you say lighter :dizzy: if someone says faster you say slower:dizzy: . Guess thats why we have that neat ignore feature her and
thats why everyone gets a kick of setting you off for fun, but then again 10% of the 25-35 age group is easy to set off. :hmm3grin2orange:

I totally agree.

John, the log was the size I said it was and thats all I am going to say on the matter.
The peanut gallery doesnt merit a response.

Yeah, no response is your typical response.

Isn't it safe to assume they are good and bad husky, jonsered, dolmar and stihl dealers? Also like cuttinscott mentioned, some cater to homeowners and some that cater towards professional users? The users they cater to drives what parts they stock.

Yeah, no response is your typical response.

Isn't it safe to assume they are good and bad husky, jonsered, dolmar and stihl dealers? Also like cuttinscott mentioned, some cater to homeowners and some that cater towards professional users? The users they cater to drives what parts they stock.

as someone who works at a dealer that gives me some ideas to start another post regarding a dealer's customer base

John, the log was the size I said it was and thats all I am going to say on the matter.
The peanut gallery doesnt merit a response.

Ben, we still don't know what size you said it was, nor is it possible to put things in perspective with your description of said woodfibre. Was it a goon tree that doubled as a culvert or was it a 40" dozey block? If you were using a 346 it must have been a truck load of Bulgarian Bugwood!
Hahahaha
John

A 20 cord load?? 1 cord of Hard Hard maple weights 5350(green roundwood).Than 20 cord would weight 107000.They must use them Paul Bunyan log trucks?

Not to call you a liar, but are you sure that's a 20 cord load?

I'm thinking that's a 21 footer and an 18 foot pup. (21 +18) x 8 x 8 div by 128 comes to about 19.5 cords...so you're darn close. Not a problem to load a couple extra sticks on top...

But...

In Mn a center-boom semi-trailer is theoretically capable of hauling about 15 cords (39' long bed capacity x 6' high x 8' sticks)...but semi- loads of firewood are almost universally called 10-cord loads because they're never stacked very tight. Your pic looks like pulp or maybe minibolts headed to a pallet plant...not crookedy firewood. And most log-length firewood is delivered with some kind of boom truck or trailer here...how else to unload (quickly, safely and in a neat stack) in some farmer's yard like mine? I'm getting too old to bull it around like you young bucks...

What's firewood worth in the UP? I paid just transport on my last pile (I had the wood), but I've heard of folks paying $800 and more for a "10 cord load" (logs and transport) in the last week or two now that the cold has set in...

Not to call you a liar, but are you sure that's a 20 cord load?

I'm thinking that's a 21 footer and an 18 foot pup. (21 +18) x 8 x 8 div by 128 comes to about 19.5 cords...so you're darn close. Not a problem to load a couple extra sticks on top...

But...

In Mn a center-boom semi-trailer is theoretically capable of hauling about 15 cords (39' long bed capacity x 6' high x 8' sticks)...but semi- loads of firewood are almost universally called 10-cord loads because they're never stacked very tight. Your pic looks like pulp or maybe minibolts headed to a pallet plant...not crookedy firewood. And most log-length firewood is delivered with some kind of boom truck or trailer here...how else to unload (quickly, safely and in a neat stack) in some farmer's yard like mine? I'm getting too old to bull it around like you young bucks...

What's firewood worth in the UP? I paid just transport on my last pile (I had the wood), but I've heard of folks paying $800 and more for a "10 cord load" (logs and transport) in the last week or two now that the cold has set in...

eylof,we sell a load of firewood(10cord) for $600.00 within 60 miles anything over it jumps 30 cents a mile.

Eyolf, the majority of the trucks are self loaders up here, but are the size of the truck pictured. They haul a 20 cord load.. From what I understand MI has some of the largest log trucks in the country.
Firewood goes for $1000 per 10 cord load here. The Wisconsin central railroad has a shortage of log cars and many log trucks have been going down to clean up hurricane damage so we have a shortage of truck capacity. As a result wood prices are high right now and have been ever since the Florida hurricanes a few years back. I could actually get all the wood I wanted for free, but I cant find anyone to truck it.

Eyolf, the majority of the trucks are self loaders up here, but are the size of the truck pictured. They haul a 20 cord load.. From what I understand MI has some of the largest log trucks in the country.
Firewood goes for $1000 per 10 cord load here. The Wisconsin central railroad has a shortage of log cars and many log trucks have been going down to clean up hurricane damage so we have a shortage of truck capacity. As a result wood prices are high right now and have been ever since the Florida hurricanes a few years back. I could actually get all the wood I wanted for free, but I cant find anyone to truck it.

Holy ????, 100$ for cord :jawdrop: Thats expensive.... only 30-50e per m^3 over here...

Still cheaper than propane at $600 per month. A few years aback it was only $600 and form what i hear it will be falling in the next few years.
A 10 cord load lasts me over year when burning form October 1 through the end of April.
BTW keep in ind the wood I am buying has a much higher density and as a result BTU than what is available in Finland.

Last edited:
$600 a month for propane. What in the world you heating, the state of Michigan. :cry:

Latest posts

Back