Good trick?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for thoughs maintinace buffs..

I only get 6 to 9 months out of my tips any ways, on little bars,forget the gage...
if the shoe fits.....
I'v done this in the tree many times but... if there's a file around an no ones waiting sure do it right.

glens said:
I'm confused, Mike, first you say don't fix it but instead run with the problem, then you say to fix it...
Glens, don't worry about Mike, he'll change his story to suit the weather. :blob2:

However,
After 3 hrs. of meticulous beburring the hammered drivers with a raker file, I also find it prudent to take a round file (13/64") and carefully contour the leading edge of the driver so that it efficiently scoops impacted sawdust/debris from the bottom of the bar groove.
Hope this helps.
John

Hello John, I used to use the HJK67, but that Husky part has been substituted by Shtil part# 0000 855 9200, however, when I get home to my shop I"ll put the offending chain on my verical milling machine and smarten it up with that.
Hope this helps,
John

You guys are so tight that if we could get coal in your ass we would have diamonds, throw the chain away, 3 hrs for one 12.00 chain. I am going outside to empty a magazine into the hillside I hope that makes me feel better. :blob5:

Throwing away a chain that can be made good as new with just a little filework?- how wasteful... I thought you were more of a conservationist, Mike.

good trick. have used it a long time. got real good at it on this crappy job clearing scotchbroom off nine hilly acres. besides who wants to keep the same old equipment forever? i like gettin new stuff...

good quick fix...
if you by chance (in spite of your ppe) get a chunk in your eye and it wont come out, cut the root-end of a whole raw onion and hold it under your nose. you start crying like a school girl. anything in your eyeball will wash right out. kind of a random item to find around the job site but who knows. i know eye drops work too but i have this wierd thing about putting things in my eye- makes me squeemish :cry:

Latest posts

Back