Got a load of firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice load,

Looks like mostly what is sold as "Processor Grade" around here. Perfectly straight 8 to 18 inch dia. meaning one pass thru the 4-way with no resplits.

I wish you were closer, I'd hire you in a minute. I've got the first of 8 or 9 loads delivered a week ago, and finding someone that can cut on a pile, produce consistent length pieces with square ends, and doesn't get pinched every other cut is darn near impossible.

If I may ask, what is the going rate for a load of treelength up there?

Take Care

Is it tree length? Looks pretty short, though hard to tell.

The tree length logs I do are about 45ft.

Also do "short logs" which are about 25ft. Can only fit 6 cords on that truck, 9-10 on the "long log" aka tree length truck.

Is that what a brand new bucket looks like? Haha!

Very nice load,

Looks like mostly what is sold as "Processor Grade" around here. Perfectly straight 8 to 18 inch dia. meaning one pass thru the 4-way with no resplits.

I wish you were closer, I'd hire you in a minute. I've got the first of 8 or 9 loads delivered a week ago, and finding someone that can cut on a pile, produce consistent length pieces with square ends, and doesn't get pinched every other cut is darn near impossible.

If I may ask, what is the going rate for a load of treelength up there?

Take Care

Swamp Yankee,

Tree length is going for about $125 a cord here now. Like many things, I can remember when it was a lot cheaper. Of course one can sell a cord of cut and split for a lot more these days so I guess it is all relative. I usually get 2 to 3 loads a year like this.

Is it tree length? Looks pretty short, though hard to tell.

The tree length logs I do are about 45ft.

Also do "short logs" which are about 25ft. Can only fit 6 cords on that truck, 9-10 on the "long log" aka tree length truck.

Is that what a brand new bucket looks like? Haha!

Yes, it is what we would call tree length here. The lengths are typically about 24 ft delivered on a truck like below. The load typically works out to about 8 full cords.

you need to take that tractor out and have some fun and dirty her up a little. nice pics:D

I only got it a month ago. I previously had a B7610 and an L3200. After this past winter I decided I didn't want to be on an open station when it is 25-30 below anymore. Haven't had a chance to use it much yet because of mud season and I have been busy with other stuff.

Saw in your signature after i posted...been looking at l2900. I hoped to stay around 30 hp but not sure if its enough.
Thanks for the response

Yes, it is what we would call tree length here. The lengths are typically about 24 ft delivered on a truck like below. The load typically works out to about 8 full cords.

Nice truck. Looks a lot like the short-log truck, just it's a std 3 axle vs 4.

Maine license plate? I grew up in Northern Maine. Was there a couple months ago visiting family.

You will enjoy that cab pushing snow. Make sure you add some weight to the back before you pickup heavy loads with that loader. These newer tractors seem a little light in the tail. Had a JD 5603 90 Hp and it was terrible light in the tail.

Thanks, I'm aware of the need for counterweight. The rear tires are loaded w/ Rimguard and I always have an implement on the back when doing a lot of heavy loader work.

Yep, my wife is from the County so we get up that way often.
Right on.

I grew up in Van Buren and have family all over the County... I'm the oddball that strayed away haha. Uncle Sam sent me here to AK about 15 years ago and I fell in love with the place.

I just noticed your name picture dealio, that should have clued me in on Maine too.

Awesome!!!

Our "log length" firewood only shows up in 100" lengths and shows up like this.

This is how I attack it, right up the gullet. When the piles are high, I'll pull them down into smaller, less chance of me getting squashed piles.

Another side note. Imo, this is where big bar saws shine. In an afternoon of being in the woodpile, I'll cut for maybe 15 minutes and the rest of the time is splitting and stacking.

Great tractor!!!!!

Back