Got a new MS261 today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mastermind is Randy. He's a few hours away in Tn. He mods these saws all the time.

Mastermind is Randy. He's a few hours away in Tn. He mods these saws all the time.

Thanks , I might have to check into that! I'm near Knoxville.... I'd like to break the engine in a little more before I go tweeking the new one(warranty)....but would't mind opening up the 441 a bit!

Went up to my aunts place this morning and found out she has 9 trees that had just went over from the stroms we have been having (snow and wind) so I told her I would clean them up for her

Pacfic Northwest Hard Woods = Alder :msp_thumbup:

Nice 30 to 40 footers about 22" at the but

Vary nice pic RYNOMAGNUM

By the way RYNOMAGNUM what is going to be our next saw to play with :biggrin:

pretty good saw

I still haven't started my 039 one time since getting my 261 last fall. I keep thinking I'll need it on some heavier stuff, but so far have not needed it. The 261 is fine with an 18" bar and screams with a 16", which is what I ran on it for a couple hours Saturday. I'm having to climb around a wood pile and the lighter saw and shorter bar are ideal for that.

The reduced fuel consumption is nice too. I finally tried to clean my air filter Saturday after maybe 10 hours of use, and all it had on it was a little dust.

Enjoy your saw.

Impressive! That looks like some hard ass wood! What is that?? I'm ready to mod my saw now... I just want the "reliability" package... Is yours a pop up?

no it is not a pop up they don't need it go thru the thread it's a good read

Back