Got it all running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally got my splitting operation running.Added a umbrella just because.Hopefully I'll get the other conveyor one day this coming week.I still need a new higher flow valve.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

04ultra said:
Lets see some pictures of you running the equipment.. Were only seeing the stuff idle..

LOL Kinda hard to take the picture and run it at the same time.

TreeCo said:
Really nice looking set up that will reduce your man hours per cord.
That splitter won't be walking away easily!

Dan, When i get the other conveyor maybe i can hook you up with the one in the picture.

looks like a pretty sweet set up.
How tall is the wedge?
How thick is the wedge?
What type of pump do you have on it?
What type of engine is it?
What type of valve are you using and what are you going to replace it with?
What type of piston is it, and what's the cycle time like?
Have fun!

NELOG said:
looks like a pretty sweet set up.
How tall is the wedge?
How thick is the wedge?
What type of pump do you have on it?
What type of engine is it?
What type of valve are you using and what are you going to replace it with?
What type of piston is it, and what's the cycle time like?
Have fun!

The wedge is 12" tall which seems to do okay.
The engine is an 18 HP Honda elec start Awesome engine!
The pump is a Haldex 28 GPM 2 stage.
The Valve is a 20 GPM 3/4 in/out with 1/2" work ports WAY To Small.And has to many elbows on it.I'm going to wait till i get a new valve to replumb it though.With that valve the fluid is getting hot after about 30 min.
The cylinder is a 5" with a 2" ram.Cycle time blows because of the under sized valve and hoses about 12 seconds. Which should be much higher for this setup. It runs best just above an idle probably because of the valve issue.
But it still splits whatever i set on it basically idling.

DDM, I have a question that perhaps you can answer. How about running your fluid through a radiator and fan assembly to aid in cooling, off of the 18hp motor you have?

DDM, I have a question that perhaps you can answer. How about running your fluid through a radiator and fan assembly to aid in cooling, off of the 18hp motor you have? By the way, I really like your set-up!

Nice set-up

Nice job David. Looks like you have alot of nice equipment to Get er Done! Being from up North ,right on Lake Erie, It's hard for me to imagine that there would be that much of a market for firewood in South Carolina. Got to get me a helper like the one you got!

04ultra said:
DDM what are you running for a hydro motor and pump on conveyor ?

This is the pump setup.It has a 5hp briggs running an 11gpm pump,5 gal res,and a locking valve.The motor is a Rotor stator made by white hydraulics the model plate is missing.I got it off ebay for about 60.00
attachment.php

Actually this picture doesnt show the new pump this is a 18gpm pump i had to replace because the motor wouldnt push it.

doggonetrees said:
DDM, I have a question that perhaps you can answer. How about running your fluid through a radiator and fan assembly to aid in cooling, off of the 18hp motor you have? By the way, I really like your set-up!

I doubt i'll have to go that route if i get a high enough flow valve!

Latest posts

Back