Got me a 560XP sittin' here boys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that sort of vented/indented cover design stays, where the xp sticker normally goes...where is it going to go??? Is this the beginning of the end of for those wonderful little guys???

How good is the heat barrier between the cylinder and carb box? I'm concerned that I can't see any barrier there in the pic's, thinking maybe all or most of it is part of the top.

If so, does that make putting the top back on a little harder, lining up even more close fits?

Is there a shutter or flap to accomodate cold-weather operation?

I see a primer bulb, and that doesn't bother me as much as some people. NO choke/on/off? Does the on switch still set the throttle on fast idle?

I like the very clear carry through of the falling sights onto the top cover...helps to make up for the foreshortened "look". Some saws are useless, and some sawyers don't use them. But I like it.

I'm a bit confused about why Husqvarna feels that both a large- and small-bar-mount saw (560/562) is neccessary, but then I don't know what sells in every market. It's not like they haven't been down this path before...

I kind of like the styling, and cant wait for it to be available in red, with a black lid. (probably still have the gray latches and decompress button...Grrrr)

You know, I think I might know why some of us don't like the looks:

150.JPG

There's a vague relationship in styling, I think.

Why a primer bulb? I dont see the reason for them. All my saws without them start in 3 or 4 pulls. Kinda seem very "homeownerish" to me, and just one more thing for the ethanol to kill.

yeah, every chainsaw on the market without a primer bulb works just fine yet they feel the need to add one? Its a solution to a non existent problem

J-Red styling might actually make that saw bearable to look at.

As it is, this saw makes the 441, 362 and 261 look like a beauty queens!

Like a Dolmar 5100 that melted in the sun

It looks as though they have done a commendable job in keeping the bulk and from what spike says the weight down as well. That's moving in the right direction. Looks just fine to me hope it runs real well. I'm curious if the transfers are open, being they are external? Anyone know something? Great thread and pics Spike.

Most primer bulb systems override the diaghragm, pressurizing ("flooding") the carb. As we know, the advantage is a one-pull start, sometimes. There are external (3 lines to carb...inlet, bulb, and return) and internal (2 lines...inlet and return)

The disadvantage is sometimes there is no more choke butterfly. They replace easy, and ebay shysters notwithstanding, most small-engine shops keep them on hand for cheap.

I have an old Eski-mo (Techumseh) ice auger; I back-fitted it with a primer system from a later model of the same series engine. I'm here to tell you that it matters, out on the ice, not having to pull endlessly to drill some ice-fishing holes. Am I lazy and soft?

Us guys may want the feeling of moral superiority of getting by without the primer, but I bet market research suggested that most users want convenience.

If the primer bulb is a similar setup to the 346 it is easy to just bypass it.

ugly thing aint it. ist it autotune with new fangled fuel injection

i like the primer bulb.

my 346 always starts on the first or second pull. it's the fastest starting saw i have ever seen. both 395s i owned ran a close second.

I kind of like it and i'm not a husky man, if ya get bored next weekend bring it up so we can get a good look at.

That's possible. (Was even more possible before I looked at the map. That would certainly be a Saturday night deal.) I'd like to meet some of you gents up north there.

The gray top is NOT supposed to be on the production model. (thank God) It will be orange, but the top snaps are going to be gray. There a couple more pics uploading now, (maybe???) I have one with the 560 next to a 357 for comparison.

I Like the gray cover.:)

Bolts up like any other cylinder. Bolts run parallel to the cylinder as always, Top of the crankcase is angled to match the angle of the cylinder, and it is the traditional split mag case.

560 and 562 are both XP's and the displacement is 62CC. Difference is 560 is narrow tail and 562 is wide tail bar mount. 555 is a non-XP, and I'm not sure of the displacement.

If you look at the pic with the 357, you'll notice how the handles are a little farther apart. So, despite the lighter weight, it should balance well with an 20" bar, where as the 357 never did IMO. Despite the strange appearance, this is a very comfortable saw to run. The weight and handling are REAL good.

What do you think of the offset top spring mount? Looks to me like a part I'll have to stock.

Another little item: They got the "weight" right, but the "wait" is a different matter. I think they'll be here in time for Christmas.

My first impression by looking at the pics was that the saw was a bit longer than usual, but the comparison pic didn't show much difference really.

Funky saw for sure, but the design may grow on the user. I like it. Performance and handling are key factors of course. We'll need to run one to see how good she is....:)

thanks for posting the pics, Spike.

Latest posts

Back