got my boys rooms done

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont no about skilled my wife says i just to much of a tight a&& to buy the lumber but i enjoy trying to make something out of nothing the cedars have all been blown down

Camopjeep, GREAT job... I like those beds. Did you use a special machine or jig to do the joinery? One thing though... my three girls are grown now, but even when they were little their rooms were NEVER that clean. Boys I heard were even worse in that department. Tell me you cleaned up before the pics, right?

Again... great job. Lots of satisfaction from milling lumber and then using it in your house.

i got a logman tenon maker works pretty good i just got them done so they havent had time to destroy them yet the new rooms are in the basement they share a room upstairs now and its not very neat

Beautiful job Camo. Thats what I need in my sons room, something stout. How thick were the boards and the battens? Very nice!

there all 3/4 nailed the wall boards with 8cc nails and drilled the batten in the middle and drove a 16cc through that between the boards

Excellent job, camojeep. I bet their proud of their new rooms :cheers:

camojeep said:
i dont no about skilled

BTW, have a look at www.aspenlog.com the next time you need to justify more milling equipment. You'll be amazed at just how much $$$ rustic furniture like you just made is selling for.

what size are the rooms? how long did it take you to mill everything for the walls? did you sticker and stack the boards, or just hang them wet and use the battens to cover up the shrinkage?

great job

rooms are 10x13 i was on vacation for a week in the first of nov and got most of the wood milled at that time hung them wet and been running a dehumidifier in there for couple months boards gapped between 1 inch and 1.5 inchs so i cut the batten 2.5 giving it some more room if it shirks more i dont have a meter but they feel dry

How long would wood like that have to be dried before you could use it? I know temp and humidity matter but am just looking for a ballpark time frame.

nice work

the boys will be able to bounce of them walls and not hurt the walls, maybe a few bumped heads and skun elbows.
how does it smell down stairs?

How long would wood like that have to be dried before you could use it? I know temp and humidity matter but am just looking for a ballpark time frame.

I hung some of the maple same day i milled it it gapped about 1.5 inchs coverd it with 2.5 battens still looking good today

Latest posts

Back