gotta love this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually found that saw on ebay a couple of days ago and emailed the guy about that. I asked him specifically what kind of oil he used in the saw and this was his response.

"30 weight for gear oil or just chain saw gear oil
for gas a 2 cycle oil and gas"

whats up here? think the guy is just trying to make quick buck, or does he genuinely think this is legit? Does he really think he needs to "change" the bar oil after every use, or is he just fronting to sell the saw like it has been well maintained?????

Last edited:
Could be with that much use the solenoid for the chain brake is shot and if the plugs been changed every second use I'm sure he's been using a meteric link spacer rather than standard. Beware of over-the-counter Hole Shrink, I could have saved myself a lot of grief by just replacing the worn part when the bearings got sloppy.

:help: :help: :help: :givebeer:

MuleyJ said:
I actually found that saw on ebay a couple of days ago and emailed the guy about that. I asked him specifically what kind of oil he used in the saw and this was his response.

whats up here? think the guy is just trying to make quick buck, or does he genuinely think this is legit? Does he really think he needs to "change" the bar oil after every use, or is he just fronting to sell the saw like it has been well maintained?????

Or maybe he's just a moron. The number of them out there is astounding. Most days they manage to walk among us like normal people.:dizzy:

MuleyJ said:

Sure would be funniernhell if he was selling what he thought was a lemon - "this saw burns too much oil, better unload it FAST!" If he thinks the bar oil reservoir is a gearcase that has a constant oil level, and he has to top it off each job to keep from burning it up, he may be screwing himself instead of potential buyers...

^^^Brilliant!!^^^

I'm sittin' here snerfling away at this, man-o-man! There be some funny stuff in this thread lol..............................................Could it be??????? (vision of him entering saw shop "I think ma saw is toast its puking oil all ovah ma nice shiney chayen!") :yoyo:
:rock:

Back