Grandpas 54 IH truck repainted with original receipt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got her painted still have a few things to button up. My dad found the original receipt from 1954 while going thru some old ledgers and paperwork thought you all might get a kick out of it.
grandpastruck006.jpg

grandpakeith4.jpg

grandpastruck007.jpg

Rep sent for sharing. Nice truck. My neighbor has his fathers 51 Ford an did a total frame off restoration. Wish they made them to last like then, also as easy to maintain and work on. I've got my late dad's 71 Chevy truck he bought new, going through the 402 big block now.

Don't see many of those old binders any more.

Nice wood operation. What do you use in your operation to split with?

Nice truck! I find it interesting that on the receipt there is not only no tax charged, but no line for tax of anykind. Don't know if there is a state sales tax in Minn. now but apparently there wasn't back then. Thanks for the pics

Rep sent for sharing. Nice truck. My neighbor has his fathers 51 Ford an did a total frame off restoration. Wish they made them to last like then, also as easy to maintain and work on. I've got my late dad's 71 Chevy truck he bought new, going through the 402 big block now.

Don't see many of those old binders any more.

Nice wood operation. What do you use in your operation to split with?

my website shows me processing firewood Fire Wood Rochester, Winona, St. Paul & Minneapolis, MN - ProCut Firewood
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

Damn that is awesome!!!! That is so cool you still have it! :cheers: I had a '52 once upon a time, gotta love them REAL trucks! :clap:

I still have a couple of S series Internationals, but have also had a couple of vintage 4x4's. First up is the 1959 B-120.

59_international002.jpg

This was my 1972 1500 4x4.

IHtrucks016.jpg

Of course mine didn't look that nice...

Last edited:
Guido Salvage we used to have one just like that green 4x4 used it alot for fencing I remember as a kid, it seemed that like that truck would go thru just about anything. Cool

Guido Salvage we used to have one just like that green 4x4 used it alot for fencing I remember as a kid, it seemed that like that truck would go thru just about anything. Cool

The truck started out life as a municipal vehicle in High point, NC. I picked it up off of e-Bay several years ago and sold it to the classic car dealer who I got my 1970 Dodge W-200 Power Wagon from. It had a good size PTO driven winch on the front.

59_international001.jpg

Nice truck! Do you have a pic of before the restore? How much work was required?

The reciept is interesting. Did he pay cash or charged it?

Latest posts

Back