Gransfors Bruks Axe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theyr fuc%in axes guys, not rolex watches. Hell I have hit more wedges with pieces of hickory or a 12 lb sledge. As far as axes go, I get them from ace hardwear or lowes,break a handle and pay a few bucks to get a new one. Im not much of a wedge smacker though, more of a "dutch-man"haha. I know I would be using wedges if I where in some nice gun barrel west coast stuff though.

but serously fellas, hurting an ax from hitting plastic wedges? why dont you go get your nails painted and your bikini lines waxed or somthing you bunch of girls. . . . . . .

I think it's established that GBA is referring to steel splitting wedges, not soft falling wedges, and as far as rolexes go, my axe keeps better time, and earns me money!! LOL
But I agree with you, a tool is a tool; it's just that good ones let you do your work easily, accurately and reliably, the cheap ones fight you all the way, then break (often drawing blood...). I learned that long ago!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains with you long after the joy of cheap price is forgotten."

I think it's established that GBA is referring to steel splitting wedges, not soft falling wedges, and as far as rolexes go, my axe keeps better time, and earns me money!! LOL
But I agree with you, a tool is a tool; it's just that good ones let you do your work easily, accurately and reliably, the cheap ones fight you all the way, then break (often drawing blood...). I learned that long ago!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains with you long after the joy of cheap price is forgotten."

The OP was asking about plastic wedges.
If you can't drive plastic wedges with it, it is definitely not worth much $$ to me. But I don't drive steel wedges with my falling ax because I don't want the poll marked up.

Back