Great ebay find Stihl 051

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True Identity

I am going to take both of the Stihls to my local dealer today for a positive identification. So far I have been relying on Bill G's expertise through some pictures I sent him. He knows his stuff but I can be sure this way and add to the ads if there is a change.......Bob

Heck, I've never misidentifed an 051 as a 75 before:cry: :cry:

Actually, it's easy once you know the tiny external differences... there's an old thread (you can find by search) where a few are discussed...

What Bill Got

Here are the pictures I sent Bill........Maybe you or another can give me a more definite identification. I'll be headed to the dealers any to pick up a couple parts for the only other Stihl I am working on. It's an 084 and I'm looking forward to running it!!!!......Bob

I love the paint job on the 056. Quick and easy, don't even have to remove the top cover. The dual port muffler tells me it is a 056, though the parts could have been swapped.

Chris B.

Peak at the cylinder head of the 051/75... If it has bolts at the bottom, its the 51.. If it has studs that come all the way to the top and then nuts, it's the 75.. The decomp valve location is also a giveaway, but that's all in the old thread.

cbfarmall, the back street car sales lots around here give their jems the same one coat over all paint job. What do you mean you didnt want the tires, mudpflaps and trim to be green...:) Thats hurtin'... especially to an honest seller like me.
Mark

powelllake said:
cbfarmall, the back street car sales lots around here give their jems the same one coat over all paint job. What do you mean you didnt want the tires, mudpflaps and trim to be green...:) Thats hurtin'... especially to an honest seller like me.
Mark

Around my area we call that a "Niemeyer's paint job". Niemeyer's is a local auction house and every spring they have a gigantic auction--farm equipment, tools, cars, lawn/garden stuff, plants, junk, more junk. There have been paint jobs that weren't completely dry by auction day. Many tractors with painted tires, painted grease, etc... However, I did get my $40 Homelite 2100 there. So I won't knock it too bad.

Chris B.

The Scoop!

I'm back and paint jobs not withstanding here are some more bits about the two saws. The 051 - 075 - 876 does have the cylinder held at the base with allen screws and a serial number, #2934418. It must be an 051. For anyone who is thinking about the other one looking at the clutch cover I saw that it was cracked at the bolt holes. Useable but still cracked. Now you have some inside information............Bob

Latest posts

Back