Great movie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimilkman1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was flipping through the channels this morning and came across a movie title I remember reading about, Sometimes a Great Notion. I hit info, and immediately remember reading about it here. It was already 20 minutes into the movie, but I hit record anyway and have the rest of it on my DVR. I was only able to watch a few minutes, but already it's a much better show than anything I have seen about logging. I did a search to see if it's on again, and I didn't see anything for the next 7 days, but if I do see it on I'll let y'all know what channel and what time. Can't wait to get out of work and finish it later!

Kyle

That's on the Silez River, isn't it? Just up from the bridge. Paul Newman if I remember right. Sometimes A Great Notion.

Yup. Directed by Paul Newman. Starring him, Henry Fonda, Richard Jaekel, and Lee Remick. I think there may be a t toward the end of Silez (Siletz? ) not positive though:msp_unsure:

anyone here familiar with the #### offshoot called "sometimes a great lotion"? :yoyo:

Had a super slow night at work last night and watched the whole You Tube version while getting paid time and a half.

I was wondering if anybody else noticed, been on twice the last month here. I had never seen it before, Great movie, scenes, and saw's but !@#$$ Depressing.

Aye it's a very depressing movie in some ways, but it has one of the best endings around. :rock:

Never give an inch!

Yes, The ending was good! It really was a true logger story, injuries death, sadness, but in the end they held there chin's up, and brought the log's to market!

Back