Great score!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawmanXX

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Welp I got me a great score today, and Some future scores as well!
I was helping out an older feller today with scrap metal. and we took it up to this little dinky scrap place that i really never went to that is here in town and I seen a big ol blue homelite sittin in the scrap pile i asked him about it he said well that used to be mine He brought it over to me. Its an old C5 not locked up everything looks good on it. I took off the muffler bolt and the cylinder looked brand new! i told id give him 15 bucks for it he got me up to 20. I asked if he had any others and he pulled out an old 330. I dont like a 330 much but i picked it up anyway for 10 bucks. Ill post pictures later!

I tore down the C5 last night tried to start it its getting gas, and has great compression! But the spark plug wire broke off from the spark plug itself. :taped: I took off the flywheel and the coil didnt look to bad. Is there anyway to replace the plug cheaply?

If the coil will still reach the plug, an aftermarket boot will set you back a couple bucks at the auto parts store.

If the coil will still reach the plug, an aftermarket boot will set you back a couple bucks at the auto parts store.

Well i think i got it. I cut off a plug to an older homelite that i had that was worthless and put it on there and coupled it together i think it will work! lol
Anyone want pictures?

Well i think i got it. I cut off a plug to an older homelite that i had that was worthless and put it on there and coupled it together i think it will work! lol
Anyone want pictures?

Do you have to ask?

Show us the pics!

Posted from my HTC Evo Shift 4G

Here they are!!!!
177173d1300981209-100_1390-jpg

177174d1300981231-100_1391-jpg

177175d1300981249-100_1388-jpg

Sorry i look so Mean in the picture, its the weather! HAHA

Better have your hearing protection on when you get the C-51 running:msp_biggrin:

I would say that has to be the loudest saw I have owned so far.

Latest posts

Back