Great site here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plant some larch in your thin areas. It grows like corn (fast) and the deer love to bed in it. Cheap and easy.

Hey welcome to AS, Steve.
The 7900 is an excellent choice!!
Somehow I usually end up at Boyd's on Fridays. Maybe we'll see you there.
We're thinking about doing a "Get together" sometime late winter. Maybe you can make it up!!
J.D.

Yep guys, Boyd will be getting my saw $$ as soon as I get them saved up.

I'm between Star Prairie and Osceola.

Have some ideas for improving the splitter, mainly a lift kit to get it up to "not bent over" height, and a log lift for it. I have a video of it in use that I'll YouTube when I get time.

The old Olympik has been the "big dog" here for a long time, and is probably due for an overhaul. Need suggestions on where to find parts for the old beast.

On a side note: Picked up a gallon of Do-It-Best brand "Winter" bar and chain oil recently, and it most definetly was NOT winter grade! 30*f and the stuff was like axle grease. E-mail to the company was very unhelpful - CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them, off to make some saw-buying money for now.

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to AS!!! It's great having fellow tractor trash here!!

I dunno if you saw it or not, but I posted in the recent bar oil(One of 'em) thread about Do-it winter blend.

I got snookered last month as well. My Husky dealer was out of Husky winter blend, so I picked up the Do-it winter stuff.

"Axle grease" is about ight LOL!! It reminds me of Grandmas Molasses!!

I mixed it 3-1 with Husky winter blend and it will now flow enough to get to the bar tip on max setting LOL!!!

I ended up just dumping it into an almost empty jug of Stihl regular bar oil, and will run it in the spring/ summer.

Bar oil is generally Bar oil, how they managed to screw it up is beyond me.

Is the Ironwood ya got over there Osage Orange or somethin' else?
It seems every region has a different "Ironwood".

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Dinger- the Ironwood around here is i beleive from looking around, Eastern Hophornbeam, really dense stuff, but trees never get any size to em before they tip over. (Of course, the sandhills I have for em to try to anchor in might be part of the problem!)

JD, will have to get up that way, I saw the post about it, looks like a good time. I'll let ya know also once I have the coin scratched up for the new saw, Fridays are my day off, once I recover from working 4-10's and 2 1/2 hours a day in the car!

MJR, I'll have to have a look into Larch, never heard of it till now. I am planning a couple of food plots in strategic areas this year, and maybe digging out a small weep to see if I can get it to hold water more consistently.

Steve

Latest posts

Back