Green chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
In a recent scene on the TV show "Gold Rush" there was a bright green saw in the background. From the starter side it was all green, decent looking size with maybe a 20" bar and a chainbrake, so not too old. I don't remember ever seeing a green saw, any thoughts?

Probably a legendary Wild Thing...beast of a saw
c8fbda28eb88769b1235a98917978b5a.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Best saw EVER!
People laugh at it but if you can get past the lack of anti-vibe, it pulls an 18" bar fine and always starts on the 3rd pull. It punishes the nerves though..

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Lots of em around in the PNW all the way through alaska, and cheap. Always see some listed in the under $50 range and low use.

Edit: If I were to guess, they were distributed by Sears or Hudsons Bay.

And if it was a marketing product placement, it seems to have hit its mark with the OP.

Thank you! That's what it was, just curiosity, not too often you see a saw on TV that isn't Stihl, Husky or something in red
John Deere is pretty heavy on the marketing these last few years, I would guess it was a paid product placement.

John Deere is pretty heavy on the marketing these last few years, I would guess it was a paid product placement.
John Deere hasn't sold chainsaws in many years. When they did they were just rebranded saws from manufacturers like Echo.

Sure it wasn't just a Ryobi 20" like this?

1607630911569.png

Back