Green Horn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OP cannot leave the site yet, he first needs to reach the point he gets himself a saw needing "some work," then scrounges and buys a buncha parts and ends up having about as much or more in it as he would for a good-running or even brand-new saw and finds that he isn't ticked off about it. Plus, after all that, he's probably keeping an eye out for another saw to further round out his collection.

Funny.

but im sure I will pick up a 372xp or maybe a 390xp in the future.

Look at that quote!!

Guys, this confirms that the CAD bug is mutating into an even faster spreading virus. This poor guy was only here one day and he's already going for a 372 and a 390!

TQ, glad to have you with us. :cheers:

Hey Orange Hill, What you doing with that gun? I thought it was Illegal to hunt in California. I heard through the grape vine a few years back that the mountain lions were killing and maiming people and killing dogs and cats, but they put hunting them to a vote and the big answer was no. Can you straighten this junk out on this ol redneck cause we can hunt it all and I'm glad as heck. Tenn. I have a Stihl 028, had it many years and it still shoots straight.

Well, since your a fellow Tennesseean.......

Enjoy your new found CAD!

"Originally Posted by JimL
on some of your plastic pieces on the saw, specifically the tank housing. should have a sundial looking thing, round circle 3/8" diameter roughly, should be a letter in it. It will be hard to find and will only date that part... What are the letters?

only way I no to date them

A 1974
B 75
C 76
D 77
E 78
F 79
G 80
H 81
I 82
J 83
K 84
L 85
M 86
N 87
O 88
P 89
Q 90
R 91
S 92
T 93
U 94
V 95
W 96
Y 98
Z 99 "

RD

Look at that quote!!

Guys, this confirms that the CAD bug is mutating into an even faster spreading virus. This poor guy was only here one day and he's already going for a 372 and a 390!

TQ, glad to have you with us. :cheers:

Well I have had a bigger saw on my mind for a few months, all my buddys tell me I am just stupid. I keep buying these saws and hell I have cut down every tree in my yard. Now that I have found this site, I know I may be stupid but at least im not alone!!!!

:cheers:

The wife went shopping for hours today so I got a chance to get the 026 out and play. I like this saw, light weight, 60cc power out of a 50cc saw, and easy to start. Im not sure whats been done with this saw in the past as far as mods go, but this dude is loud, really loud. I have two questions so far, where on the saw can I find a date of production, and what do I need to look for to see if its had muf mods? Dont get me wrong I like the noise, I just want to know how to tell if the muf has had some work.

Congrats!!

026 and case for 150.00!!! Good shape and all you did good!!!!

... I heard through the grape vine a few years back that the mountain lions were killing and maiming people and killing dogs and cats, but they put hunting them to a vote and the big answer was no...

Since they can't hunt them they burn the forest down. No cat can outrun a blazing forest fire.

:dizzy:

Back