green teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gage52

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i have a 252 and i have been thinking about going to greenteeth. anyone have any info on these?

I'd think long and hard before going with green teeth,i've read a lot of guys aren't very happy with there green teeth setup..

must be won of those products that you either love em or hate em. I think it may depend alot on the soil composition in your area. I think if you deal w/ alot of rock in your area you may not be very happy w/ them. As they tend to chip. I don't think anyone can argue though that they do cut significantly faster than any other tooth on the market.

Local rental yard has a sc252 with greenteeth. Upon using it on the ocasional gate/backyard/uphill thru trees deal, I find them to be: when newly rotated and cutting well- to agressive for the small machine. and 2, when slightly dull, wonderful. anything all the way dull sucks, but you knew that.
I'd have to think about it if it were my decision.
-Ralph

ROLLACOSTA said:
I'd think long and hard before going with green teeth,i've read a lot of guys aren't very happy with there green teeth setup..

I agree, I am in that 1% of users who would not recomend them especially on a small machine. After using most of the ones out there, I am sticking with the Rayco one piece. As for the cost, find someone to retip them or do it yourself and cut the cost in half. Just my most humble of opinions. ;)

I like them, including for a 252. I don't generally have a lot of rocks in my area.

In past posts, I've seen discussion where people think they are hard on drive trains just bercause the tooth has a bigger hitting area. I don't think that so much. If sharp, they give a real nice smooth cut.

Their advantages in order are:

1. Not having to disturb the main (big) bolts,
2. Having three cutting surfaces, and
3. A little more efficient cutting action.

No brainer.

They now come in several sizes. I bought a set of the small ones for my miniskid stumper, but have not used them yet. The Rayco Super Teeth that came on the grinder is still in very good condition.

Dadatwins...how does one go about re-tipping the teeth themselves. I have a new SC352 and would be interested in doing this if possible.

dogdad said:
Dadatwins...how does one go about re-tipping the teeth themselves. I have a new SC352 and would be interested in doing this if possible.

I send mine to Florida and have it done, even with shipping it still cost me about 1/2 the cost of new. I still buy some new as I build enough inventory to be able to swap and grind without waiting. Any tooth that is completly destroyed, (bent) trash it. I think 'Lumberjack' a user on this site does his own welding and retips his own teeth which I am sure drops the cost even more. This is the place I send mine

http://stumpcutterking.com/

Latest posts

Back