GreenwWheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

250R

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Vermeer 252 with green teeth installed. I saw the green manufacturing video of the Greenwheel. Has any one run this on their stump cutter? It looks impressive.

I've searched for info but haven't seen very many reviews.

I posed the same question several months ago on this site and no responses. All I have found were Green Manufacturing"s Youtube videos. Even now they have come with a new "Quad Wheel" coming available soon. I too would like to hear from actual users..........I have been using Greenteeth for several years and love them.

Why just back to four arms?
Maybe two where not that invention....
So what to choose when?

I did call Green Mfg. about the wheel. They gave me a phone number of a tree service company who is using it. I called them twice to get some input but mever called me back. Hmmm....

I have no experience with the Greenwheel, but I do not like Green Teeth. I had them on my big Bandit track grinder and did not care for them at all.
Here is why I dislike them:
1. They made my machine bounce, A LOT, on hardwood stumps.
2. Teeth are very fragile, and break easily if they even touch a small rock.
3. They make BIG chips.
4. They throw chips 100' in every direction, making a big mess for cleanup.
This is my experience with Green Teeth.

The green wheel looks like it might shake and vibrate more than a conventional wheel because of a steady stream of teeth working on the stump there are fewer teeth hitting less frequently but taking bigger bites. I could be wrong as I've never used one but that was my first thought. I use green teeth on my 8018 and like them. Like mowing man seaid they do throw chips all over compared to others but I've found the 1100's to be pretty tough with rocks and they cut softer wood very fast.

You are right. The green teeth make my 252 bounce more. I happens more so when the teeth start to loose their edge. I am using the larger 900 series on it. That might have somthing to do with it. On my SC505 I am pleased. No real complaints using them on my Rayco 1675DHX other than they wear quickly. But still looking for some first hand expierience on the "wheel". Any one?

Does anyone have any feedback on the greenwheel or quad wheel? I'm considering one for my vermeer 372

I have a Greenwheel on my 1625 super jr and am happy with it. When I switched from super teeth to green teeth I was ecstatic with the difference. It was night and day. The bar was set pretty high when I switched over to the greenwheel. Unfortunately I didn't see that night and day difference I was hoping for, but again the bar was set super high. I am still very happy with it.

First off my machine absolutely runs smoother and doesn't get bogged down nearly as much. Second, a new set of teeth only runs me 70 bucks for 6 teeth verses 160 for 18 teeth. Building on that, in 30 seconds I can rotate my teeth and in 5 min I can switch them out all together so again it's a time saver. I would also say I have seen a decrease in cutting time. Again not night and day like I had hoped for but I would say I get through a stump 10 - 20 minutes quicker on a large stump. A 25hp machine can only go so fast I guess. The best part of Greenteeth in my eyes is the customer service. I ran into a bit of a problem installing my wheel (I am not the most mechanically inclined person though I am getting there.) GT was there every step of the way. The even gave me a personal number so I can contact them over the weekend if I needed to. Talk to Chris directly if you want to order anything 517-458-5107.

If you guys have any other specific questions I will do my best to answer them.

The green wheel looks like it might shake and vibrate more than a conventional wheel because of a steady stream of teeth working on the stump there are fewer teeth hitting less frequently but taking bigger bites. I could be wrong as I've never used one but that was my first thought. I use green teeth on my 8018 and like them. Like mowing man seaid they do throw chips all over compared to others but I've found the 1100's to be pretty tough with rocks and they cut softer wood very fast.

With the green wheel you have to take smaller "bites" but you can take longer bites and the machine doesn't bog down. Greenteeth also sent me a bigger chip guard which contains the chips much better. I also use chip containers I made using a sheet of plywood and some hinges. That cuts down on my clean up time but a lot.

Has anybody got updates on using the Quadwheel on sc252, or more specific the upgraded 35hp? Can you use the Quadwheel with standard 1100 or 900 series or do you need the wearsharp teeth?

I'm still very skeptic about the GreenWheel. I did ALOT of searching. The youtube videos stink and in my opinion are misleading. I'm not sold on it. Still not enough information out there on it. Good luck!

I'm still very skeptic about the GreenWheel. I did ALOT of searching. The youtube videos stink and in my opinion are misleading. I'm not sold on it. Still not enough information out there on it. Good luck!

I agree when it comes to Greenwheel, i'm not too impressed by the youtube videos either. The results with Quadwheel however look much better in my opinion. Wished I could try it out somewhere. They give 90 day money back guarantee on them I read.

I am always looking for ways to improve. If the greenwheel was worth it I would have bought one a looong time ago. I just can't see the productivity gain from it.

It seems there's a lot of opinions on the best setup. I read people claiming 4 teeth setup works much faster on standard sc252 than original teeth configuration. I don't agree on that for sure, however I run 35hp. Has anybody tried a 6 teeth setup? I tried this today but same opinion: original cuts much faster when on 35hp. 6 teeth might work better than 4 teeth I feel when on 27hp.
I guess nobody yet has the answer which setup is best with which HP versus best RPM. However for sure there is a best working configuration for every HP. We're waiting for somebody to practically measure results.

I have a 222 that I installed a 25hp Kohler. I replaced the Vermeer teeth with Green. I use the same Greenteeth that I use on my sc505. It cuts well. But since its a low power machine its important to keep the edges sharp or it bogs if dull. These teeth are a bit aggressive for the small machine. A little off topic.

I am always looking for ways to improve. If the greenwheel was worth it I would have bought one a looong time ago. I just can't see the productivity gain from it.

I think Green Manufacturing makes a huge mistake selling two different cutter wheels (greenwheel and quadwheel) for the same machine that always needs to do the same best productive job. One of these two wheels must be the best option, no question about that. It's not a matter of taste. So why also offering your customer also the lesser option? It is one or the other. When they offer two options instead of 'the only one you should use' then I am more likely to have my doubts about both options and that they have no clue either..

Does anyone have any feedback on the greenwheel or quad wheel? I'm considering one for my vermeer 372
I'm using the green wheel on a sc352 Vermeer and love it. Fuel cost has dropped, engine runs cooler and at full revs without bogging down and the cost of teeth has at least halved.
Every time we use the machine, we save money. You can't get higher praise than that. Just don't be too aggressive with the feed or you will stall the cutting wheel, but it is at least 40 percent faster than the old Yellow Jacket system.

Latest posts

Back