GreenwWheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using the green wheel on a sc352 Vermeer and love it. Fuel cost has dropped, engine runs cooler and at full revs without bogging down and the cost of teeth has at least halved.
Every time we use the machine, we save money. You can't get higher praise than that. Just don't be too aggressive with the feed or you will stall the cutting wheel, but it is at least 40 percent faster than the old Yellow Jacket system.

What size greenteeth are you using?

I saw the 2 vids for the 252. The pine stump appears to be several years old. The other vid is use less since I dont cut from the top down.

I'm doing trials. Today I mounted a 10 teeth greenteeth configuration on my original Vermeer wheel. I'm using 1100 series because that's what I have laying around here. I feel 900 series would be better but don't have those yet. I have not tried it out yet.
The possibilities you have with vermeer wheel is: 4 teeth, 6 teeth, 10 teeth, 12 teeth, 16 teeth. I'd say 6 teeth should work better than 4 teeth, but still I was not happy with results.

I use the 1100 series teeth on my 100hp stump cutter and 900 on my sc505 and 252.

I'm doing trials. Today I mounted a 10 teeth greenteeth configuration on my original Vermeer wheel. I'm using 1100 series because that's what I have laying around here. I feel 900 series would be better but don't have those yet. I have not tried it out yet.
The possibilities you have with vermeer wheel is: 4 teeth, 6 teeth, 10 teeth, 12 teeth, 16 teeth. I'd say 6 teeth should work better than 4 teeth, but still I was not happy with results.
It's the shape of the Green wheel that makes things run faster. No mulch building up in the hole like a round wheel.

Back