Greetings from Downunder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this at the dump today. Echo SRM-300e brushcutter. Chucked it in the back and took it home and 10 minutes of fiddling it kicked into life. Man it is well made compared to todays junk. Given that my little homelite has lasted me for 15 years without issue this one should see me out. Picture is as it looked when I got it into the shed. Will post another of it cleaned up if anyone is interested.

I'm also a fan of dolmars. Dolmar, stihl, husky, I like em all. I have a 7600 and love that saw. I've been planning on having it ported soon
If you can gets your hands on a 166 ain't hesitate. Those saws are really something else. Crazy strong and beautifully built.

As @astnmacgto stated, dads 120si dolmar was 35 bucks bc nobody knew wat it was, got a 114 that same way.... in my opinion the 120si is a muscle saw in its class... heavy but stout and runs hard. I have a 116 dolmar, one of my favorites and just picked up a poulan S5500, which is a dolmar 144 in disguise. Love that beast!!!. Dare i say dolmar is the better german saw

As @astnmacgto stated, dads 120si dolmar was 35 bucks bc nobody knew wat it was, got a 114 that same way.... in my opinion the 120si is a muscle saw in its class... heavy but stout and runs hard. I have a 116 dolmar, one of my favorites and just picked up a poulan S5500, which is a dolmar 144 in disguise. Love that beast!!!. Dare i say dolmar is the better german saw
*gasp* those are curse words to certain individuals on this site, and yes I would rather have an old dolmar than an old stihl any day
ADLM

I like em all but the dolmar 116 i have is built like my 3400s......stout, i dont worry about weight as im built heavy enough for it not to bother me, what i want is something heavy duty... the dolmars fit that bill

To the OP when you get your starter cover on the 120si your gonna keep it for sure. Screaming beast they are

Well I am still waiting for my starter to arrive but I could not wait to get the thing started and as I had a new drill that had a reverse gear, I used that to crank it over. Was nervous when it did not start initially but a couple of attempts, we had lift off.
This video is taken within about 1 min of it starting. I am running a slightly oily fuel mix and I am sure there is old oil residue in the carb hence a bit of smoke, but she sounds to be like she is going to be a stonker after I get some more clear fuel through her.

Latest posts

Back