Grinding wheel Blows up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read it again Asperger, I measured the thickness, and no one ever said it was funny.

What you said was................"checked the clearance, even put a straight edge on the part to be sure it was the same thickness all the way across."

A straight edge is the wrong tool for checking thickness! A micrometer, or calipers would be the proper tool for the job. So my statement stands.... YOU WERE WRONG AGAIN AS USUAL !

Clueless is as Clueless does........

Rick

Read it again Asperger, I measured the thickness, and no one ever said it was funny.

Just curious, how did you check for a linear taper? Kinda left that part out. How exactly did it happen

I think he was referring to the boom boom comment as to why he thought you were trying to be funny. But I'm not him, so I don't really know.

Jeff

What you said was................"checked the clearance, even put a straight edge on the part to be sure it was the same thickness all the way across."

A straight edge is the wrong tool for checking thickness! A micrometer, or calipers would be the proper tool for the job. So my statement stands.... YOU WERE WRONG AGAIN AS USUAL !

Clueless is as Clueless does........

Rick

The part was cut from stock, it was already of uniform thickness, then it was milled down on a vertical mill, I placed the straight edge on it to check for heat warping. There was none.

I ran the wheel across without the wheel turning and it cleared nicely all the way across just ever so slightly touching the piece evenly all the way across. Then I started the wheel, I'd made around 20 passes before the machine malfunctioned and destroyed the wheel.

The shop foreman said later that he had been waiting for that particular machine to break down, and that he was surprised that it lasted as long as it did.

Geeeezzzzz Rick!

You're the only person I've ever talked to who has to have every little step explained to him in excruciating detail. You're like a little child full of questions with no real direction. Seriously man, talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old kid.

I'm not asking any questions. You said you used a straight edge to measure thickness. I'll bet you would try to measure a radius with a tape measure too ! You Carbied it up and now you are posting a CYA story that I don't believe for one minute. There is a reason we call you Clueless.

I'm not going to waste any more time trying to explain how the real world works to you anymore. That is a hopeless task as others have noted. I will just respond when you post incorrect info, to keep others from being misled by your crap.

Rick

I'm not asking any questions. You said you used a straight edge to measure thickness. I'll bet you would try to measure a radius with a tape measure too ! You Carbied it up and now you are posting a CYA story that I don't believe for one minute. There is a reason we call you Clueless.

I'm not going to waste any more time trying to explain how the real world works to you anymore. That is a hopeless task as others have noted. I will just respond when you post incorrect info, to keep others from being misled by your crap.

Rick

What's wrong Ricky; Do you need your diaper changed?

Awwww Ricky did a poo poo in his diedy, and now he needs a change.

:hmm3grin2orange:

What's wrong Ricky; Do you need your diaper changed?

Awwww Ricky did a poo poo in his diedy, and now he needs a change.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Wow, way to show how mature you are. I'll just say thanks for helping to show our occupation as professional. It helps a lot...

Jeff

Wow, way to show how mature you are. I'll just say thanks for helping to show our occupation as professional. It helps a lot...

Jeff

Hey, I just noticed that, you changed your username from BeastMaster to Garden Of Eden. Don't worry though, everyone still knows it's you.

Oh, and I just wanted to clue Ricky in to his infintile behavior.

Last edited:
watch your ass....

op...

my old man was a well driller... when i was a kid he would tell me horror stories of guys being killed by exploding grinding wheels... most of them were hit in the neck with fragments... so...you are kinda lucky that your wheel only exploded in 2 pieces... there is a lot of power in those wheels.... when grinding you are taking a big risk so you got to protect yourself.....welding neck protection (leather).... chest protection... eyes.... all you can... you dont have any warning when #### like that happens so you must be ready for it.... just make sure nothing is loose or dangling... it can get caught up in the wheel and pull your ass right into it... and try not to be in line with the wheel or you will take the brunt of it if it explodes....

Hey, I just noticed that, you changed your username from BeastMaster to Garden Of Eden. Don't worry though, everyone still knows it's you.

Look at my join date, I'm not even in the same state as him. I don't know what you're getting at, if you for sure think I am him, report me. I can authenticate who I am, as I'm sure he can as well. Otherwise, don't make up lies because you got called out being unprofessional. It's a childish attempt to redirect attention.

Jeff

Why is it that it only take one idiot to ruin a good thread and I am 100% sure the OP was not talking about surface grinders, bench grinders, or hand held angle grinders he was taking about a chain grinder. How about we keep it on topic for just once in this place as it might help some noobie out after all it is the "arborist" 101 forum not shop class.

Why is it that it only take one idiot to ruin a good thread and I am 100% sure the OP was not talking about surface grinders, bench grinders, or hand held angle grinders he was taking about a chain grinder. How about we keep it on topic for just once in this place as it might help some noobie out after all it is the "arborist" 101 forum not shop class.

I agree 100% I apologize to the op and everyone else.

God bless,
Jeff

It doesn't matter what kind of grinder it was, when they fly apart they become grenades.

Quit trying act like you know everything.

I'd like to apoligize to everyone too, I'm sorry I ever joined this troll infested hack forum.

GOOD BYE Ass holes.

Last edited:

I can't help but wonder how my name some how got tossed into this? Why would I feel the need to change my name? What are you insinuating? I go out of my way not to get involved in petty internet drama, and to treat others like how I like to be treated. I am 54 year old and Im not going to start acting like I am a 15 year old girl. I suggest you find a life dude, a real one not a internet fantasy. Garden of Eden seems like a nice guy, and he lives have a half a Continent a way from me. I am Cali all the way. Your welcome to come out on a visit if you really want to know me. I'll either buy you a beer, or whip your ass, But Im not going to play like a ##### on my computer.
Feel free to PM me if you have some thing to say to me.

It doesn't matter what kind of grinder it was, when they fly apart they become grenades.

Quit trying act like you know everything.

I'd like to apoligize to everyone too, I'm sorry I ever joined this troll infested hack forum.

GOOD BYE Ass holes.

Wow. If they all would leave that easy. Since I know carb is still reading, I hope you're blessed abundantly.

God bless

Jeff

any wheel can potentially kill you... there is always time to talk safety and a little shop... it may save some inexperienced persons life...

Latest posts

Back