Grinning ear to ear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never mind, answered in another post. Funny how the same issue crops up simultaneously all over...

Trigger-time, that's a HUGE tree in that last picture you posted. I think you'll put the 460 to the test taking that thing down.

Are you able to adjust the H screw on the carb on the 460? I know that whenever I got a new saw (years and years ago) they would start to run lean after the rings seated, so I would back the H screw out a quarter or half turn. You'll know the saw's running lean if it just screams at full throttle with no load (only try this few a few seconds). It should burble a bit (or "four stroke" as some guys call it) when properly jetted if run at WOT with no load.

Cheers to the new saw...by the way, my 036 Pro has a decomp. valve....

My dealer told me, back when I bought the 036, run at least three tanks of fuel thru the thing before I run it flat out [goes without saying not to run it flat out without cutting, of course]. He said, and somewhere else I read, maybe in the owner's manual ?? you won't get full power til after maybe ten tanks. Ring seating?? I don't know. But I'd just ruined one saw [034] I'd had for many yr. by miss-adjusting the mixture [which I'd messed with many times over the years, just fine] and I was really hurting from the check I wrote for the new 036 and feeling pretty stupid about the 034 so I ran ten tanks thru the new one before I held that trigger down full. I figure, can't hurt to be a little conservative. Have been using the 036 Pro now for five yr. and the piston and etc. look great, haven't burned this one up.

Back