ground isnt frozen yet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autoimage

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
picked up a decent load of ash pulled into my side yard and just sunk in. got the truck stuck and stranded the trailer, really made a mess getting the truck out. created some work come spring. it has been unseasonably cold here for a while and I assumed the ground would be frozen, I was wrong

Attachments

• 1387467918349.jpg
    1387467918349.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20131219_104622.jpg
    IMG_20131219_104622.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20131219_104545.jpg
    IMG_20131219_104545.jpg
    751.4 KB · Views: 70
yea not froze hear at all and it sucks we can't get in to cut any wood and we have a good bit to go git yet the snow acts like a blanket and insulates the ground from freezing its 44 here and going to rain for the next three days could get 6" that sucks we aint never going to get any wood cut

Maybe early in the morning the ground will be frozen more and you can get out easier then.

Ruts suck. I have some in one field some yahoo with a 4wd SUV did for fun a few years ago that are still there. Some kid just drove in, mud bog, yaa! He got stuck....His gramps came and got him out with a backhoe, they were supposed to come back and fix the ruts..ya, right.....

I have to try and hay over that mess.

Anyway, good luck man! You'll get it out..somehow... ;)

Frozen rock solid here... a T-post would mushroom out before ya' could drive it in the ground.
I've been workin' in the woodlot with the little tractor, pullin' the trailer piled with wood (heavy enough to make the tires look flat)... the tires are cleaner than when I started, the snow almost puts a polish on 'em. Heck, we ain't seen but maybe 5-6 days above freezing since Halloween, maybe only 10-12 days above 20°... and with only a couple inches of snow the ground ain't insulated from the cold.

To OP, did you ever think about stopping when the truck first started to sink?:laugh:

Sorry couldn't resist. Scenarios like that seldom get better.:buttkick:

Probably to much snow to let the frost get to the dirt. We where lucky here the cold weather came before much snow, froze everything rock solid, now the frost is being driven deep. 12" of frost in the traveled gravel roads, will be soft come spring. :D

No where near frozen here. It is going to be in the 60's for the next couple of days and expecting 3 to 5 inches of rain. I can't even get to my pile of wood without putting the atv in 4wd. The strange this is we are still dealing with ice and snow from the storm 2 weeks ago and it has been above freezing almost every day.

I hate this time of year. I wish everything would freeze solid before we start cutting ruts.

Frozen pretty solid here. Drove the 1586 and turd hearse with no problems other than it started to get slimy.

Back