Ground saw info wanted opinions coments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid327WFD3

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a decent sized saw to use for Ground Work
Cuting for mostly Small to Medium diameter (12"-20")
I prefer something with a .325" Chain pitch.
With a bar length of around 14" to 20".

I like Husky saws but will go for any brand if price is right
What should i use buy ect.

I am planing to use it for mostly Ground work and Firewood nothing too big.

Thanks
Dan

A husky 346XP or 357XP, Stihl MS260, or MS361 should do you fine.

Of the 4 I listed, I'd go with the Husky 346XP, have EHP work his magic on it, and see how it runs then.

Not having owned every saw on OSA's list (don't think he does either.) I can only comment on the 260 (mine was an 026) and the 361. I would choose the 361.

I'm working on it. but going by the general rep they have. I have an 024 on the way from Bcorradi, and have run them before. very nice compared to my heavy saws. this is also just going by what you want, according to specs and size. I havent owned every saw out there yet , nor have I used them all yet, but I will someday.

I would go with the the new ms 361 it is a great new saw and would provide years of trouble free service. I have never had good like with husqvarna and I would not buy them again. Thats just my two cents.

I have a 036 (close model to the ms361) and am happy with it, I believe you would be happy going with the ms361.

I own a stock 357xp and find it perfect for the general cutting you described.
I really like the way the saw feels and cuts. My brother has an 026 that I have used a bit and that to is a great saw.

If you can, try them and get what you like best.

I'm not a big Stihl fan i have used their products and i have a Stihl dealer 3 mins from my house i tryed a few models but never liked them

I have always gone more for Husqvarna

Myself and My father have been useing Husky Products for a long time now hes been in the landscaping buisness for more 30 years i'm just geting back into it i missed it.

i recieved some good advice sofar and lookforward to lots more

Thanks
Dan

Latest posts

Back