ground wire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
dont forget to hook your ground wire up to your circ pump!!

ive been doin heating/plumbing for 15 years and should know better

i have a used taco 0011 pump on my OWB that i took off a job....

welp apprently the ground wasnt hooked up in the box theres a pig tail commin outa it and never bothered to check it i mean why? big deal its gotta be hooked up

well i grabbed a copper pipe with both of my hands today on either side of the pump and got the biggest shock ever....i mean this rocked me hard

i was aware of what was goin on just couldnt open my hands was gettin nailed for well over 20 seconds and just kept throwin my body back as hard as i could untill the pipes broke....hot boiler water all over and my dumb ass layin on the ground wondering what happend was crazy....if i would of died i would of been in the basement for a week before any one would even come by to check on me....

ive been shocked by 220 before and that didnt even compare to what i felt today :givebeer:

just be carefull!!

i do stupid #### all the time but this is now on the top of my list

Even at 120 volts electrical shocks can be very painful. Most electrical deaths are from people coming in contact with 120 volts. Anyone who sustained a 20 second shock, especially across their chest should go immediately to the hospital.

Thanks for sharing this. I installed my own pumps too and an electrician once told me ALWAYS hook up the ground. I just always have...now I know just how important it can be. Hope you're doing OK.

Yep you should definetely be check out and monitored for 24 hours. Even though you may feel fine you could already be in a dangerous cardiac rythm not to mention what other organs are damaged that you are not aware of.

Back when I learned to do electric I was always taught that the ground is always the first wire hooked up no matter what not sure if that is why they always taught it to me that way but I still do it that way every time.

carpet shock is 50,000 volts. pisses a guy off.

0.10 amps, dead.

The green ground screw, put a wire from it to ground. Takes less time than a commercial break during the game, and you won't miss halftime.

Some years back when I took the electrical code exam the first question was, " what purpose does the green ground screw fulfill?".

6 guys answered incorrectly, yet passed the course. Scary.

The ground wire is the most important connection in any electrical circuit.

Latest posts

Back