GTG in Upstate NY. NYCSM style.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spent a 3 day weekend at a GTG here in NY. I had a heck of a time. The weekend couldn't have been any better. Ran a ton of cool saws, ate too darn well, and the camping kicked ass too. I learned quite a bit at this GTG. We try to give our GTGs a theme, this was was "Old Saws" - but obviously all saws are welcome. I even inherited a couple of small projects, sweet! Great time, great people, great fun. Thanks again to Walt for having us. This was by far the best NYCSM GTG yet!!! :clap:

The Westspartan/Dan - unfortunately he was unable to make it. I had to mention your name though to let you know we didn't forget about you. I thought about ya though while you were out of state visiting family and I was at this awesome GTG, lol. Hopefully you'll be able to make the next one!

Beowulf67/Pete is one heck of a nice guy. I really hope to see him at future events again. He has a big heart and he's really experienced at tree work. And what a kick ass 2171 he has. If there's a die hard Stihl fan club out there, he very well may be the president, lol. Had a great time around the fire on Saturday night. Hope to do it again, SOON!

Chainsawwhisperer/Jim I had a blast spending Friday night and all day Saturday together. Nothing like eatin' good, workin' hard, and breaking each others balls while doing so. We make a great team at working and cooking! I can't wait to do it again!! :cheers:

Motomedik/Jason knows his stuff, and he's getting good at the porting thing. I had a great time milling on Sunday. Overall I'm pretty sure we can say my 7900 beats a stock 395xp at milling - if it's not ahead it's right with it. That was really cool finally getting a chance to do some milling together. We've been talking about doing that for a while now.

Spike60/Bob has such an awesome collection of old school Jonny's. That 49sp was not only in great shape, but it runs really good too! It's good for me to get involved with the oldschool saws at these events. My knowledge is VERY limited with the old metal. Though I'm sure that will change as more of these events go by. I have a lot to learn and Spike has a book of knowledge in his head!

BloodOnTheIce/Cale has a barrage of endless stories about customers that come into his shop. The stories seem to never get old. Gotta love them whacky college stories too! Our humor is great together and we seemed to have everyone cracked up most of the time. Be it that we're the "kids" of the group I'd have to say that it's expected. And that 372 is bad ASS! That thing is definitely waking up. In 10 more tanks that thing is gonna absolutely scream - it's hard to imagine it being any faster!

J.Walker/Jack just plain has the coolest new school toys. I don't think Jack understands the term "stock saw", lol. Every one of his saws just rip. That XPW is by far my favorite - I love that saw. And the pies he brings to the GTGs are the perfect ending to a great event. T'is too bad you weren't there on Saturday night for some camping. S'all good - maybe next time. :)

Weimedog/Walt is a great guy. I wanna thank you again for my inheritances and I hope to get them cleaned up and running flawlessly for the next event. That C7 runs really well. Pulling it apart and cleaning it up will really help me with getting to know and understand some old metal. I hope to come down camping with the wife soon and help ya on the farm while "the wives" ride horses. Sounds like a blast to me!!

WoodChucker81/Jason/Me - Well I'm just awesome. I always have a blast hanging out with myself no matter what I do. I'm also the smartest person I know! I just plain rock and I'm the coolest cat around. I don't think there's anything else that needs to be said. :D :p ;)

The pics are below. I'll get vids up to YouTube by tomorrow for sure.

Enjoy! :cheers: :greenchainsaw:

Settin' up camp on Friday night!!
IMG_0163.jpg

Horses in the field nextdoor.
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

Good morning Saturday! Coffee time! (That's Jim - chainsawwhisperer)
IMG_0175.jpg

My hotel of a tent. I slept like a friggin' baby!
IMG_0203.jpg

Bacon wrapped pie iron breakfast sammidges. One of my favorite recipies!
IMG_0180.jpg

Kick ass berry cobbler! chainsawwhisperer knows what he's doing here for sure!!!
IMG_0190.jpg

Walt (weimedog) showing up for breakfast and coffee.
IMG_0189.jpg

Running some saws. (Motomedik, Spike60)
IMG_0346.jpg

Moto's 350.
IMG_0348.jpg

Beowulf and the 260.
IMG_0350.jpg

Motomedik and the 260. And yes, the 260 is wearing a set of 361 dawgs!!
IMG_0357.jpg

My Poulan 3800. Cuts great with square ground chain!
IMG_0359.jpg

Spike with my Ryobi-Wan-Kenobi.
IMG_0361.jpg

Moto with my 79'er.
IMG_0373.jpg

Moto milling with his 395xp coupled with his home made alaskan.
IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0372-1.jpg

Late lunch - dutch oven venison curry! Way to go CSW!!!
IMG_0381.jpg

Weimedog, BloodOnTheIce, Spike60, Motomedik, J.Walker
IMG_0382.jpg

Mrs. Weimedog, Spike60, Motomedik, J.Walker, Chainsawwhisperer)
IMG_0383.jpg

Mrs. Weimedog, Motomedik, J.Walker, Weimedog
IMG_0386.jpg

Motomedik, Mrs. Weimedog, BloodOnTheIce, Spike60, Beowulf67
IMG_0389.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Loadin' things up.
IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Empty.
IMG_0439.jpg

Heading down the roadway on Weimedog's farm and heading home!
IMG_0445.jpg

Here in the NYCSM we represent the three C's - Cooking. Camping. Cutting.

We are the NYCSM. We'll out cut you, and eat you for dinner. That's how we do.

The NYCSM - Cuttin' Wood. Eatin' Food. :cheers:

Thanks for the....

Great Pictures! I love seeing other GTG's. Putting faces to all the names, seeing the saws in pictures and action, the food, the various set ups and wood types! Lots of GREAT ideas for our own pacific Northwest GTG's......:clap:
"Is This Living Or What".......:cheers:......Bob

Looks like a ton-O-fun guys! Looks like you did more eating than cutting though:cheers:

Totally! I was talking a lot with Jim about food and trying to organize my camping gear so much I kinda forgot for a while that I needed to bring a saw!

The camping, cooking, and eating was on the list more than the saw stuff for me! :clap: :cheers:

Here's a video of The Woodchucker milling with his Tree Slinger ported Dolmar 7900

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L3k-s9laXNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L3k-s9laXNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back