Gun Bullets inside trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took down a large spruce in my yard, it must have been a target, after splitting it up I ended up with close to a pound of .22 and 30 cal bullets.
and a few railroad spikes big and small, I did manage to cut halfway thru one,,, :msp_thumbdn:
BBB

looks like the path curved the most where it was at the least angle to the growth rings.
Expect that the difference in their density from seasons and weather
had that affect on it.

My understanding from owned 22s for years is either that is a very soft tree or it is a larger caliber round than a 22.
Very cool pics , none the least
Thanks for sharing
Wayne

Putting a big round up and shooting at the end grain makes a great target, really stops the lead and leaves a nice precise hole for measuring. Standing trees that get hit, they sustain some damage.

Yep, I've found a couple of .22 bullets with my chain. Fortunetely lead is so soft that it really doesn't dull or ruin a chain like a nail would.

Why would anyone shoot a tree? They take forever to cook and they dont taste very good. Bullets were meant to kill things to eat and to protect oneself. I just dont get it.

Working in Atlanta when I was younger, we would occasionally find ball shot in some of the mature Oaks in the city. One of the owners that I worked for told me that the ball shot in the old oaks dated back to the civil war.

Latest posts

Back