Why does my Husky 345 outruns my 262xp and 272xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know but doesn't mean the 345 is less good in usage. As you say: different animals and both very efficiënt.
The 345 is decent for a homeowner style saw. Not particularly light or powerful for its size, but functional and fairly reliable. The 346xp is in a different league, actually it is still one of the best 50cc saws ever made, besides the 026/260 series from stihl. Not knocking on the 345, but if you get a chance to run them side by side the difference is noticeable.

The 345 is decent for a homeowner style saw. Not particularly light or powerful for its size, but functional and fairly reliable. The 346xp is in a different league, actually it is still one of the best 50cc saws ever made, besides the 026/260 series from stihl. Not knocking on the 345, but if you get a chance to run them side by side the difference is noticeable.

With the right barsize the 345 is really nice and indeed it's not a pro saw but I would use my one for it if needed; it's very reliable indeed and never left me in the dark.

The 346xp is great but also used by lots of people in a way I would never do with my saws so, better have a very good 345 then a worn out 346xp in such cases.

Some peope already see a 350 as pro because of 50cc and the aluminium handle but I have seen more broken 350's then I will ever see a 345 I guess.

346xp is pro for sure but this 345 has done a lot of pro stuff over the years without a breeze.

With the right barsize the 345 is really nice and indeed it's not a pro saw but I would use my one for it if needed; it's very reliable indeed and never left me in the dark.

The 346xp is great but also used by lots of people in a way I would never do with my saws so, better have a very good 345 then a worn out 346xp in such cases.

Some peope already see a 350 as pro because of 50cc and the aluminium handle but I have seen more broken 350's then I will ever see a 345 I guess.

346xp is pro for sure but this 345 has done a lot of pro stuff over the years without a breeze.
I was trying to be nice, but now I'll be blunt. The 345 is a good saw in its own right. It's basically the same thing as a 350, which isn't a pro saw, and neither are close in construction or power to a 346xp. This is evident if you've ever ran any of the 3 saws side by side, actually you don't even need to run them side by side. Also, since all 3 saws were of the same vintage your 345 would be just as worn out as any similar used 346xp.
Again not bashing on your saw, just being realistic having owned, ran and fixed all 3 varrients. I continue to own 2 of the 3 and the 345 isn't one of them.

I was trying to be nice, but now I'll be blunt. The 345 is a good saw in its own right. It's basically the same thing as a 350, which isn't a pro saw, and neither are close in construction or power to a 346xp. This is evident if you've ever ran any of the 3 saws side by side, actually you don't even need to run them side by side. Also, since all 3 saws were of the same vintage your 345 would be just as worn out as any similar used 346xp.
Again not bashing on your saw, just being realistic having owned, ran and fixed all 3 varrients. I continue to own 2 of the 3 and the 345 isn't one of them.
I agree with your assessment of the 345 Sean. I picked mine up cheap. It needed clutch, sprocket, oil gear, and bar studs. I was thinking I might trade it to a guy who moves a lot of husky saws about an hour away from me. We've done trades before but this 345 is so easy to tune and revs so freely that it might stick around for awhile.

It's just a matter of choices. I explain why I like it, you don't. I don't care about your opinion actually as well; I never said 350 is a pro saw, it's a matter of proper reading. (I was blunt as well 😉)

My 345 is like new; done 200m3+ also large logs of dead oak with 18" bar.

I don't want to own any other 3 series as all of them are worn out indeed by lots of people. 2-series users are most of the time older people who understand how to handle and maintain them properly; The same as I did with my 345, that is why I love it. The rest I own is 2 series, now with a 254XP as well 😉

I agree with your assessment of the 345 Sean. I picked mine up cheap. It needed clutch, sprocket, oil gear, and bar studs. I was thinking I might trade it to a guy who moves a lot of husky saws about an hour away from me. We've done trades before but this 345 is so easy to tune and revs so freely that it might stick around for awhile.

You bought it cheap as it was worn out and put quite some money in it to make it proper again. I see these statements a lot here and at the end you could have bought a properly maintained one for less; I'm sure, really with a 345!

But indeed, the saw is nice and doesn't need any tuning, just put a 18" .325 on it with a rim and go for it!

I feel I have to quote myself.

Some peoples in parts of this world find it hard to take constructive critique, listen to experience, or win wars.

Good luck in your adventures Mr Frenchman, you are set in your ways and no matter what anyone suggests- your ways are chiselled into some kind of unshift able stone tablet- best of luck lugging that around, throw those two 2 series saws you have away and slay the French forests with the mighty 345.

I paid almost nothing for my 345 and put very little money into it. I pay what a saw is worth to me. I enjoy working on saws alot so even if something else needed attention on this particular saw Im still way ahead. And where I live saws do require carb adjustments or tuning. Although i don't run all 20+ saws year round, some are run 12 months with Temps ranging from 100 degrees down to -10 degrees.

It's just a matter of choices. I explain why I like it, you don't. I don't care about your opinion actually as well; I never said 350 is a pro saw, it's a matter of proper reading. (I was blunt as well 😉)

My 345 is like new; done 200m3+ also large logs of dead oak with 18" bar.

I don't want to own any other 3 series as all of them are worn out indeed by lots of people. 2-series users are most of the time older people who understand how to handle and maintain them properly; The same as I did with my 345, that is why I love it. The rest I own is 2 series, now with a 254XP as well 😉

You bought it cheap as it was worn out and put quite some money in it to make it proper again. I see these statements a lot here and at the end you could have bought a properly maintained one for less; I'm sure, really with a 345!

But indeed, the saw is nice and doesn't need any tuning, just put a 18" .325 on it with a rim and go for it!
So every 3 series saw is junk because it's the same vintage as your 345 thats basically never cut anything? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, I'm done mate. Happy sawing.

I feel I have to quote myself.

Good luck in your adventures Mr Frenchman, you are set in your ways and no matter what anyone suggests- your ways are chiselled into some kind of unshift able stone tablet- best of luck lugging that around, throw those two 2 series saws you have away and slay the French forests with the mighty 345.

Jealousy is a thing it seems. Sad for you.

So every 3 series saw is junk because it's the same vintage as your 345 thats basically never cut anything? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, I'm done mate. Happy sawing.

If you start to read instead of assuming things you don't understand it would help you, but it seems hard for you so I understand you are done if you can't get yourself any further in conversations.

I'm happy, always, no worries!

You said your rakers were all the same hight, but are they set to it's own cutter? Looks like you need to concentrate on learning to file properly

Yes I need to be more "up" in that chain when filing. I neeto get a 3/8 guide. I don't use it on the .325 anymore as that one files pretty nice and easy.

It indeed feels the cutters are flying over the wood because of this. The opposite happens with the 272, I need to be in between both.

Yes this will be indeed the way to go for now, I will get one for the 3/8. The chain is a Semi-Chisel, or Husqvarna packaged the wrong one, which I doubt, but could be possible.

I let know what happens, thanks!
A chainsaw…any chainsaw…should pull itself through the wood. If not…something ain’t right.

Latest posts

Back