Hacked again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will repeat myself on yet another thread, but I can't help sharing! :laugh: pdqdl posted on the Oklahoma,AR,MO,... thread, page 1499 a very good fix which will block LinkBucks & allow your to re-enable Java scripts. :rock:

*** NOTE *** If your are denied permission to save the "host" file, reboot your computer & go into "Safe Mode" by pressing <F8> while booting up. Then you should not have any problems doing the edit & save to the "host" file unless your are on a computer system which has an actual administrator.

Again, Thanks to pdqdl!!!

and thanks to you oliver1655. you made me give the nerd salute, a dope slap to one's own forehead, after realizing there was a simple solution. over the years, i have edited my hosts file many times to block unwanted sites but had forgot about it this time. i added the two url's to the bottom of a list of fifteen or twenty others. in my case the file is /etc/hosts, been using mostly unix/linux for the last 25 years. i restarted firefox without noscript. everything is working fine and i don't have to continually fiddle with noscript as i navigate the net. thanks for the reminder.

This is my first time back in a while. I was trying to do a thread search for some info and :bang: got hit with this link bucks thing. I am not at all 'puter savvy and have no idea how to get rid of this. I too am on satellite, if it makes a difference. Is this going to effect anything else I do with my computer? I only see it when I tried to get back on this site.
Others have put fixes on here, but I don't know what buttons to push to accomplish that. I know how to reboot, but how do I get to "safe mode"? And by press what? I don't have a safe mode key. What is a host file? How do I edit and save to it? What's a URL? See what I'm getting at? My PC didn't come with full instructions on how to use it.
I'll try to get on page 1499 to find the solution pdqdl posted, but moving around the site is what got me in trouble in the first place.
There are a lot of good folks on this site, I'm not quitting because of a problem.

Gday Gents
Im wondering If anyone ealse is having this contact
couple of days ago I got a private message asking were abouts in Tassie I was
I asked why are you asking
I get another notification p/m and when I go there all pm,s are gone but
the two from Wheres Wally and they have the word permalink on them
Ive tried to delete these to no avail

has anyone had or is having any problems because of this character

Back