Hackers at their best

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I hire a guy, I'd of course ask him if he is insured. But maybe he's lying? Is there something I can ask for as proof? There are A LOT of hacks around here. Everybody knows how to fell a tree. Hell, I can fell a tree. But I won't risk my house for a few bucks either.

And WTF was the guy thinking? That cut was going to overcome the lean? Jeez. Gravity wins dude. I'm not particularly experienced, but even I would not have expected it to drop in the direction of the cut.

i don't give out Certs. anymore.

So if I hire a guy, I'd of course ask him if he is insured. But maybe he's lying? Is there something I can ask for as proof? There are A LOT of hacks around here. Everybody knows how to fell a tree. Hell, I can fell a tree. But I won't risk my house for a few bucks either.

And WTF was the guy thinking? That cut was going to overcome the lean? Jeez. Gravity wins dude. I'm not particularly experienced, but even I would not have expected it to drop in the direction of the cut.

i tell them to call my agent and verify.she can fax or email a copy.too many guys around here pay the first payment and then no more after but they have the cert to hand out.if you don't verify,it's on you in my book.

another reason i don't carry certs is in case i lose one.i'm not having some hack whiteout my info and put his in.i don't want my account info floating around out there.

i tell them to call my agent and verify.she can fax or email a copy.too many guys around here pay the first payment and then no more after but they have the cert to hand out.if you don't verify,it's on you in my book.

another reason i don't carry certs is in case i lose one.i'm not having some hack whiteout my info and put his in.i don't want my account info floating around out there.

Ditto. I do the same thing. I give the client my agents number so they can verify for themselves and offer to have the cert faxed to them. I tell them not to trust anything from anyone unless it comes from the insurance agency directly.

Ditto Ditto My company doesn't even give the certs anymore due to the fact of the people that pay and run so to speak, I have to get the H/O to call and ask for proof.

They just don't build houses like they used to........lol

This happened a month ago to a fellow in my neighborhood who I usually do tree work for, and thought he would save himself money. So the Hack told him he'd do it for $100! So the homeowner said sure, numpty had his wife and 2 other guys doing construction next door on the end of a yellow nylon 3/8 rope from Canadian Tire or somewhere 10' up, it was going to hit this house or the neighbor's anyways the way he was hacking at it! ie. see the face cut 3/4 of the way through the tree and the angle it was on! So away he went (I wasn't there when this happened) but from what everyone said the 3 people on the rope had there hands wrapped, soon as the tree left the stump it flung them into the side of the house! Then soon as the tree went through the house, the hack said to the homeowner that he doesn't have insurance! Grabbed his wild thing (No I'm not kidding either) had the ball's to ask for his money! Said he'll get a construction crew out by dinner to fix it and took off! Well sure as S^%t no one showed up, buddy never answered his phone (still hasn't) the insurance investigators are after him now. So here's how I come in, I just happened to be coming back from a big job we were coming back from that day and all the neighbor's are calling me saying I have to see this, sure why not I said. So right when we pull up so does the insurance guy, he said it's all yours and to get it off ASAP. Now it's starting to rain so we took some of the weight off the part hanging over the front of the house and tarped it for the night.....More pictures to come[/QUOTE

Did the Lady pay the twirp?

what is with than damn yellow rope?

i see homeowners here all the time using it.HD must market as tree rope.

I really love that yellow crap, Check out the guys tree 2 houses down, yep it a 1' X 18' just hanging with the stuff. It happened after the ice storm,I offered to take it out for him right after it happened for 100 bucks and nope. I walk near it often and it bothers me. Just last week I told him to go get me a case of beer and befor he got back it would be outta there. nope. silly home owners, It wasn't just a free hanger at first. mr cheapo had a hacker cut on it for 50 bucks. The guy got up there with a ladder, tied the branch and himself off, then proceeded to start cutting. Wouldn't you know it, pow the branch popped and busted the ladder the guy was working on. Fire had to get him out. He was just hanging around waiting:greenchainsaw:. It looks like when it does go its gonna hit his house, goofy old man.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
sorry not smart enough to get the pictures to work right

yeah, $80,000 damage, the house looks like a $90,000 house to me....

You can't buy a trailer home around here for that much! The houses on that street average $350,000-$400,000. Still hasn't been repaired, egineers drawings are still being looked over at the township office by the building inspectors. Hope he gets it fixed by winter, or else he'll have some big time heating bills!

Latest posts

Back