Had a close call

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea after 15 years in this myself we as a company learned a long time ago not to dwell on what could have happened ,and worry about what didn't happen ....

your looking for reassurance from other people

stop beating yourself up it will cause u to make mistakes in the future!!!

yea after 15 years in this myself we as a company learned a long time ago not to dwell on what could have happened ,and worry about what didn't happen ....

Not really beating myself up. Just trying to make conversation. Trying to do anything to get away from this crap on the news that my GF seems to want to watch 24/7... It's got me in a foul mood. Just ignore what I said. Apologies.

hell yea ,I hear ya man ...im kinda in a pissy mood anyway ,work is slow around these parts ,for us anyway seems all the "truck and chainsaw" guys have plenty of work....or the companies that do 10 jobs a day with 15 people working for 8$ an hour....

your looking for reassurance from other people

Why don't you blow your attitude out of your ass , cause frankly it sucks , and prolly you do too , I mean I try to bite my tongue and just pass over your stupidity but with numerous posts your making it hard , hopefully Monday you do your job right , cause karma can be a ##### !

get over yourself ,stop with the "its ok little fella ,youll do better next time " ####

nobody got hurt ,and no property damage ,learn from it and move on

if your one of those people who needs reassurance I understand ,but im not I would take it as a mistake ,learn from it and move the #### on treeclimber101!!!

get over yourself ,stop with the "its ok little fella ,youll do better next time " ####

nobody got hurt ,and no property damage ,learn from it and move on

if your one of those people who needs reassurance I understand ,but im not I would take it as a mistake ,learn from it and move the #### on treeclimber101!!!

I doubt anyone really gives a #### what you'd do , it ain't all about you , and honestly if you have nothing to contribute then why waste your or piss off someone else ? Sounds like you need to move the #### on !

And I worked with the guy , he is a climber he doesn't need reassurance he got it figured out . And as far as the bus ride goes , you know I dunno wanna get banned but I am sorry I can't stand that #### !

Man I love the winter!

I guess this is a appropriate thread to say I was coming outta the tree Friday and almost knocked all the teeth outta Adams face with my lanyard when I unsnapped off the tree , and its the second time that's happened the last time I took it to the face , got it jammed on the fence and I pulled harder LOL instead of seeing what it was stuck on , thing came around and clocked me ! LOL hahahahahahahahahaaha that hook said ##### sit down LOL

One day a few years ago a buddy of mine from the volunteer FD went to bungee the ladder on my truck rack.
Incorrectly....the strap let go, and the end of the hook clocked him in the forehead right between the eyes.
His wife wouldn't let him help me for quite a while after that. Guys at the hall gave him a lot of grief - calling him Cyclops, etc.

Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, the Magic Bus)
You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, the Magic Bus)
I don't want to cause no fuss (Too much, the Magic Bus)
But can I buy your Magic Bus? (Too much, the Magic Bus)

About a month ago I was taking down a multi-leader Maple in a tight LZ over 3 structures and an ancient privacy fence. I told everyone to stand clear and stay on the back side of the tree behind me, that I was dropping my block (ground was soft). To my horror, after i let go my groundy comes walking right under me without even looking up. I got a sick feeling as i could see the block going right for his head. By the grace of God he stepped out of the way and the block just brushed his arm. The closest call I believe I have ever had. No joking matter to me. I literally felt like I was gonna puke. I cussed him up one side and down the other and asked him did he not hear me. He said yes but was not sure what I said... I said then why did you Acknowledge when the other guy did... He said he didn't know. He cut my 200' bull line in half 2 weeks later and that was it for him. He was a hard worker on the ground but he got so preoccupied with the menial ground tasks and in such a hurry that he had no presence of mind about what was going on above and around him. I had to let him go. He was an accident waiting to happen. Knock on wood i have not hurt a groundy in 21 years of climbing.

I like (not) when I'm up a tree, waiting for a groundy chipping brush to make eye contact so I can motion for him to get clear.
The idiot will move away without warning the other guy(s)! And without throttling down the chipper either. Both drives me nuts, listening to it going full throttle with nothing going through it. You can go over the same stuff a million times with some guys, but it is like talking to a Holstein cow.

I got a sick feeling as ...I literally felt like I was gonna puke.

I still get queezy thinking of when Dave walked in to my DZ chunking a big boxelder down for him. [/QUOTE]

As for the slipping timber hitch, now you understand why I never liked them. Give me a loopie any day.

As for the idiots, that's one reason I rarely come here any more; that and pre-calc algebra...

I remember once a long time ago, my pull cord broke when I went to start my saw in the tree and I punched myself in the mouth, hard.
Anyway, a close call for one of my best climbers. He has more than 15 years climbing and yet, he poked his leg with his hand saw.
He did not think much of it and continued to work. About 30 minutes later, my regional manager showed up at the job and notices it and took him to the doctor. That was at 10 am., at 2pm, I was called to come and take him to be admitted to the hospital for surgery.
Seems he poked his right leg just inside of the kneecap and punctured the cartilage between the joint and it was sucking in air when he moved it and it made a squishy sound.
That was last Monday and he wont be back for a couple of weeks.
Had my regional manager not shown up and take him to the doc, he could of lost his leg from infection.
I guess I should just get over it and move on.
Jeff

I still get queezy thinking of when Dave walked in to my DZ chunking a big boxelder down for him.

As for the idiots, that's one reason I rarely come here any more; that and pre-calc algebra...[/QUOTE]

I wish guys like you would post here more. I often go over to The Dark Side (tree buzz) to learn stuff, like for example the excellent SRT / HH threads, or the recent crane incident that Boutte posted.

As for the idiots, that's one reason I rarely come here any more; that and pre-calc algebra...

I wish guys like you would post here more. I often go over to The Dark Side (tree buzz) to learn stuff, like for example the excellent SRT / HH threads, or the recent crane incident that Boutte posted.[/QUOTE]

As long as you are not hanging planters from your trees and experimenting to ghost's.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, the Magic Bus)
You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, the Magic Bus)
I don't want to cause no fuss (Too much, the Magic Bus)
But can I buy your Magic Bus? (Too much, the Magic Bus)

About a month ago I was taking down a multi-leader Maple in a tight LZ over 3 structures and an ancient privacy fence. I told everyone to stand clear and stay on the back side of the tree behind me, that I was dropping my block (ground was soft). To my horror, after i let go my groundy comes walking right under me without even looking up. I got a sick feeling as i could see the block going right for his head. By the grace of God he stepped out of the way and the block just brushed his arm. The closest call I believe I have ever had. No joking matter to me. I literally felt like I was gonna puke. I cussed him up one side and down the other and asked him did he not hear me. He said yes but was not sure what I said... I said then why did you Acknowledge when the other guy did... He said he didn't know. He cut my 200' bull line in half 2 weeks later and that was it for him. He was a hard worker on the ground but he got so preoccupied with the menial ground tasks and in such a hurry that he had no presence of mind about what was going on above and around him. I had to let him go. He was an accident waiting to happen. Knock on wood i have not hurt a groundy in 21 years of climbing.

You should get over it and move on!

I still get queezy thinking of when Dave walked in to my DZ chunking a big boxelder down for him.

As for the slipping timber hitch, now you understand why I never liked them. Give me a loopie any day.

As for the idiots, that's one reason I rarely come here any more; that and pre-calc algebra...[/QUOTE]

You should get over it and move on!

Back