Had a close call

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever give themself a black eye throwing a lanyard around a limb?
Seems to sting more when it is in the winter, lol. Steel captive eye DMM biner, of course.
Eyeglasses really didn't do much to soften the hit. :(

I remember once a long time ago, my pull cord broke when I went to start my saw in the tree and I punched myself in the mouth, hard.
Anyway, a close call for one of my best climbers. He has more than 15 years climbing and yet, he poked his leg with his hand saw.
He did not think much of it and continued to work. About 30 minutes later, my regional manager showed up at the job and notices it and took him to the doctor. That was at 10 am., at 2pm, I was called to come and take him to be admitted to the hospital for surgery.
Seems he poked his right leg just inside of the kneecap and punctured the cartilage between the joint and it was sucking in air when he moved it and it made a squishy sound.
That was last Monday and he wont be back for a couple of weeks.
Had my regional manager not shown up and take him to the doc, he could of lost his leg from infection.
I guess I should just get over it and move on.
Jeff

Jeff, there was a guy that posted on here a few years back about the same exact thing happening to him only he didn't go to the doctor right away and infection did set in. As i remember, they were concerned that he was going to have to have his leg amputated from the knee down. Don't know what ever happened to the guy as I lost track of the thread. Hopefully he kept this leg.

Jeff, there was a guy that posted on here a few years back about the same exact thing happening to him only he didn't go to the doctor right away and infection did set in. As i remember, they were concerned that he was going to have to have his leg amputated from the knee down. Don't know what ever happened to the guy as I lost track of the thread. Hopefully he kept this leg.

Hey Larry, good to see you posting again.
Anyway, that is what the hospital said about this guy,(Carl),
Tree guys are tough guys but it is amazing what you think is minor and soon becomes serious!
Jeff (quess I should get over it and move on).
:msp_biggrin:

As long as you are not hanging planters from your trees...
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

"Arboreal Symbiotic Integration Harnesses" will be the greatest "must have" item in the next Sherrill catalog. :dizzy:
It's the future, Jeff. Embrace it!

Quit posting here ? And the buzz is where all the important people hang to tell each other how important they are LOL ! And if your saying those homo "loggers " have thicker skin then tree guys I wanna throw myself off a bridge , I mean ax men premiers and the site is jammed up and you can't log in so basically there taking. Over the place like hemroids !

He has to have a lot of time on his hands to commit to some of his daydreams.
Jeff

Heck no. I think he has somehow got a well heeled clientele who actually Pay $$$ to Dr. Jeckyll.
I'm trying to convince the wife to let me chop a hole in the floor big enough to get into the basement so I can practice SRT. No trees nearby that are big enough, and besides, it is cold outside and dark. She just isn't with the program.

OK so speaking of close calls... I am not sure Eddie and blakes know how close they came... There was some talk of getting together for jager bombs when we were all in Jersey but never materialized... I have not had a sip of Jager in 5 or 6 years. Partly because it hurts too bad to get over these days and partly because I need to be quarantined the day after drinking Jager... It gives me buffalo farts...

When I was a young climber in my mid 20's I used to drink the hell out of it. Back in those days I was bouncing around in a beat up truck with my groundy and girlfriend rattling window panes in any neighborhood I could sling timber. Our truck window would not roll down on the passenger side and I would be driving and laughing my ass off while my groundy would be hanging out the passenger side door puking and my GF would be gagging beside me after I would let go with a mammoth jager fart. I found it highly amusing... We stopped to get a cheese steak for lunch one day and I went to the back wing of the restaurant where the restroom was located so I could drop the kids off at the pool. The area was full of patrons when I went into the bathroom. While in there I could hear a black lady who was sitting closest to the restroom say ooh lawd, dear lawd... When I came out the entire wing of the restaurant was vacant except for my groundy and GF who were sitting a good distance away laughing their asses off... No lie...

Eddie, Chris, you guys just don't know what a close call you had... :fart: :potstir: :cheers:

Seems to sting more when it is in the winter, lol. Steel captive eye DMM biner, of course.
Eyeglasses really didn't do much to soften the hit. :(

When i first started climbing I had the stupid idea that I didn't need a helmet. Hit myself on the top of the head with the snap on my lanyard made me change my mind!:dizzy:

As for the idiots, that's one reason I rarely come here any more; that and pre-calc algebra...

I wish guys like you would post here more. I often go over to The Dark Side (tree buzz) to learn stuff, like for example the excellent SRT / HH threads, or the recent crane incident that Boutte posted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Dave, saw that, that's pretty crazy what happened with that crane mishap!!! That's why most of the time I like using my regular crane guy with his 60 ton grove. Even though I used the smaller crane this year and liked it, you have a more secure feeling with the bigger crane for sure. Also has a more advanced computer, and more warning systems then the smaller cranes do. Took some balls to post what he posted though for sure. Having a very experienced operator isn't a bad thing either!

Eyeglasses really didn't do much to soften

Was standing next to a buddy that was pulling on a stuck throw line. I got it right above my eye. Blacked out for a second

OK so speaking of close calls... I am not sure Eddie and blakes know how close they came... There was some talk of getting together for jager bombs when we were all in Jersey but never materialized... I have not had a sip of Jager in 5 or 6 years. Partly because it hurts too bad to get over these days and partly because I need to be quarantined the day after drinking Jager... It gives me buffalo farts...

When I was a young climber in my mid 20's I used to drink the hell out of it. Back in those days I was bouncing around in a beat up truck with my groundy and girlfriend rattling window panes in any neighborhood I could sling timber. Our truck window would not roll down on the passenger side and I would be driving and laughing my ass off while my groundy would be hanging out the passenger side door puking and my GF would be gagging beside me after I would let go with a mammoth jager fart. I found it highly amusing... We stopped to get a cheese steak for lunch one day and I went to the back wing of the restaurant where the restroom was located so I could drop the kids off at the pool. The area was full of patrons when I went into the bathroom. While in there I could hear a black lady who was sitting closest to the restroom say ooh lawd, dear lawd... When I came out the entire wing of the restaurant was vacant except for my groundy and GF who were sitting a good distance away laughing their asses off... No lie...

Eddie, Chris, you guys just don't know what a close call you had... :fart: :potstir: :cheers:

That's completely disgusting. Thanks for that.

I drank a ton (and I mean a ton) of that crap in my early 20's. So much so that I think somewhere along the way I developed an aversion to it. I can't even take the smell of it anymore!! Hey, maybe if I keep going, that'll eventually happen with the budweiser's and blackberry nips. Huh... maybe there's hope yet!! :laugh:

Glad it all worked out Larry. I prefer the loopies as well, whoopies on the big stuff. I feel ya MDS, when I was a kid, we stole some Jack from a friends dad and had a "party" out in the gee-rage. Got so wasted that someone dared me to eat a can of Copenhagen, well, not one to back down............We all got busted because I got caught out n the yard puking my guts out, cant stand to look at it let alone the fact that if I smell it I will get woozy.

Same ####, different URL. :laugh:

I think there is a big difference in the ratio of Oak : Euc
When the pendulum swings too far in either direction, the guys on the far left / right start coming unhinged.
Sorta like Gilligan's Island where everyody is supposed to get along even though their IQs range from 40 to 160 :msp_w00t:

I think there is a big difference in the ratio of Oak : Euc
When the pendulum swings too far in either direction, the guys on the far left / right start coming unhinged.
Sorta like Gilligan's Island where everyody is supposed to get along even though their IQs range from 40 to 160 :msp_w00t:

I will start,,,I am on the euc man side. We will be skins,,the oak man side will be shirts!
Jeff :wink2:

Latest posts

Back