Had to light up tonight!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It's a nasty 42*, rainy and windy here this evening. House got down to 65* and as much as I hated to, I went and lit my outdoor wood burner. I guess I can re light it for a few days until the temps drop enough to keep it lit. It's 72* in here right now. In the coming days it's suppose to in the 60's during the days. I sort of got caught with my pants down, a week of rain off and on and I don't have any wood covered, I was hoping to get some of the rows covered before now but it just didn't happen. Maybe with any luck, we'll get some dry weather and I can get some tarps on some of my stacks.
stay warm my friends,
dave

Burning three nights straight now. Official southern fried cold wuss here!

I got the wood, I'm a-burning it. Weather guessers say it will hit 40s or colder at night, I start an evening fire, then next morning throw some scrap on. Won't be full time burning for awhile yet.

Hmm...thermometer on the wall other side of the room is 81 at six feet up. Little chillier sitting right by the leaky old wood sash single pane window at about 2.5 feet up...

This room has it's own climate variances....I think of this cabin as just a real stout tent...

Our house has been fluctuating from 60* to 65*. I am holding out as long as possible.

I've been burning every night for about two weeks now. I don't mind it chilly but I don't have the heart to let the young feller freeze.

I have been burning 24/7 since mid September. Getting to know my new this season catalyst equipped stove is a learning curve, but I am not looking back. I love watching the smoke come up off the wood, hit the cat and turn into heat instead of creosote. +16dF this AM on my drive to work.

I built an "open door fire" the last two nights mainly just because I wanted to see something burn but it was 66* in my living room last night.

This room has it's own climate variances....I think of this cabin as just a real stout tent...

HAHA.

You probably seem like a real "trooper" afer reading the two posts from Alaska, eh ? LOL

HAHA.

You probably seem like a real "trooper" afer reading the two posts from Alaska, eh ? LOL

Ruff, tuff, he-person! hehehe

conversely, I can cut (or any other work) in 90 degree high humidity weather and it isn't too bad....You sort of adapt to your area once you live there for awhile.

In my 20s I lived in Maine, I remember honest cold and dealing with it.

I wish I were burning, but I am running my a/c still. It was 93 here today and probably going to be hotter tomorrow. Gnats, flies, and all sorts of wasps still flying around. Bring on the cold and wood-burning. Begone 90 + temps and pests!

I lit mine up about two weeks ago. I was trying to hold out but it was a cold rainy saturday. The next day it was almost 70...go figure. I kept it gone going because I do get hot water out of it too.

i don't turn on heat or burn until November 1st. more blankets. the house doesn't ever get below 55 degrees. conserving wood for colder temps as I have a fireplace and it loves to eat. wife has a small space heater in the family room to take chill off.

Back