Hand tools for fixing your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the Wiha T handles. Get a t27, t25, t20, t15, m4 and m5 hex. Safer and more pleasant than the impact.

That's why the small ratchet drive also, can work like the T handle but still have the ability to use impact or screw driver handle

Don't get me wrong. If the apocalypse happened today and I had to pick between keeping my impact driver or my 201tc-m...well the zombies would eat me before I could decide.
But I'm a wild man with the impact after that third cup of coffee. Several small flexible parts have been mangled and at least one muffler bolt sheared in the cylinder. T -handles bring it down a notch. Sometimes I like the quiet too.
I love my long impact bits though, especially for repeated removal and assembly. The OP will want both and so much more. Clutch tools, air tools, dental tools, spray bottles, tach, degree wheel, foredom, 90 degree hand piece, contraband m-tronic and autotune readers...it's endless.

I almost forgot. A quality set of flat and phillips drivers are critical for carburetors. I don't use an impact for that, but real saw techs might.

I like the small impacts for clutches and flywheel nuts but for disassembly/assembly I use a lightweight 3.6v 2speed cordless screwdriver with adjustable torque settings. Its fast maneuverable, light with enough power to torque 90% of fasteners. Here's muh little setup...1518040331475.jpg

If you look close at the Dewalt driver I posted a pic of you will notice it has the ability to adjust the torque, this is the reason why I picked it over other drivers. Although it is 12 volts with it having the ability to adjust the torque range it would work well I believe.

As far as the list Ketchup listed I believe you are talking about running and I am still talking about walking. I don't own saws with m-tronics/autotune and plan to stick with the older saws for the time being. Later I may decide to get a bit deeper into it and start porting but for the time being I am not chasing that, YET:chainsaw:.

Latest posts

Back