Happy Birthday to meeeee..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm gonna have to get some Hedge, you some beer and we'll have to have a three way shoot out and see what happens!

Happy B Day to you!!!!

207678d1321649576-261-005-jpg

I ran several tanks of fuel through mine today cutting firewood.

Great all around saw.

Happy day to yah

Did you tach it yet? I'm just curious to know if it was lean or not. My dealer has 2 that have blown top ends. I wondered if they where a bit lean to start with.

Thanks. Now if this damn limiter cap would come out I would be happy...

As I recall mine was real tough to pull out. I left my carb in the saw as well which made it even harder to deal with.

All mine has now is just the adjuster needl no more cap or anything in it.

I ran 3 tanks of fuel through it today all cutting dead walnut, red elm, and mulberry. I like it, but you can tell its tight, needs broke in bad. I tached it at 13,500, so it might be a little rich, it 4stroked a little out of the wood, didnt sound bad in the cut. Good power for a 50cc saw.

I dont see this saw as a fuel sipper, maybe I lost track of time, but it seemed to go through a tank of fuel pretty quick. Again, maybe it is just me, it was a long, busy day.

I had a chance to do a little more looking "under the hood". Looks like pulling the spark plug could be a PITA, but I like the overall construction. Stihl definetly built this with a lot of Husky's ideas.

When I initially tached this saw it was tached to 13500. I ran 5 tanks through it as of today. I went out after work and tached it again, and now it was only running 13100. It was pig rich!

I slightly leaned it to about 13600, and it is a totally different animal! Holy smokes this is a good cutting little saw! And, its bone stock except for the limiter cap adjustment. I cant wait to muffler mod it.

I really was leaning toward a 346NE. The main reason I bought the 261 was I have many bars and chains that bolt right on for the Stihl setup. Im not disappointed.

Now time to hunt down a Husky deflector for the muffler mod, I like the looks of that, its perfect.

Thanks to all that spent the last year posting and lab-ratting this saw so I didnt have to, LOL!

Back