Hard nose bar tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camel2019

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A few months ago I seen I think at baileys a single rivet replacement tip that was a hard nose . can’t remember who made it I wanna say it was woodland pro can’t seem to find it now.

I had some email communication with Cannon a while back. Their hard nose tips did not have a very large radius as I recall, they had some hard nose bars in stock but the prices were pretty high like in the 200 range if I recall. Then there was the gauge which I don't remember. The large radius Oregon bars seem to be in the large mount(s) and only 0.063 which might become obsolete in my guessing. Probably want a larger nose radius for hard nose vs replaceable tip.

I had some email communication with Cannon a while back. Their hard nose tips did not have a very large radius as I recall, they had some hard nose bars in stock but the prices were pretty high like in the 200 range if I recall. Then there was the gauge which I don't remember. The large radius Oregon bars seem to be in the large mount(s) and only 0.063 which might become obsolete in my guessing. Probably want a larger nose radius for hard nose vs replaceable tip.
I have hard nose bars of many brands mostly old pioneer bars. Oregon bars have the right nose when it comes to hard nose bars. Most bigger saws are still running .063 and .404 only comes in .063 now a days. I still think a hard nose is the best for firewood lots of dirt and muck around here and I hate having to clean sprocket tips.

The Cannon nose radius is smaller than the medium radius I have on a small mount Husky bar. The replaceable nose bars from Oregon would seem to need a smaller radius than their medium size to match to where the replaceable nose attaches.

Latest posts

Back