Hard Plastic fallin wedges with gripper teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tramp bushler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Interior ,Alaska, Copper River Valley,, Coastal Al
Does everyone know what I mean by this .. ...They have a bunch of raised gripper teeth on one side... If you use these , this kind of hard plastic textured wedge , you don,t get black eyes and loose teeth . Also by putting them on the stump side of the tree you are falling you don,t have to go chasing them when the tree falls as they kind of stick to what they have been digging into ........Maggy wedges don,t spit out either in frozen wood , but they can get ya .Pretty good ...

Last edited:
Timber Savage and Oregon are the two I have. Like Bitzer said, they are good for working the woods in winter Wisconsin. Not to be confused with the town Winter which is a bit to the north of me.

I am trying to imagine how I might position myself to get a wedge in the face. I just don't see that happening the way I drive them. Is this a common problem? I do have them pop out, but they just go sailing into the brush to hide.

Buy them my friend! I know exactly what your talking about and I purchased 10 of them from northerntool.com I saw them for a I think just 1.80 and I had to try them for the price and the work great. No sliping out and no chips yet. I have some stihl wedges I bought for no telling how much and it seems like I cant hit them with a wet noodle without them chiping. Great buy and great material. It has give and the only show of wear so far is one of them has a dent in the back. the material is very strong but instead of chiping off it will just dent or slightly remold it if you will. Not a problem what so ever.

Fall some big trees on steep terrain youll find a way

Everything happens in big timber on steep terrain. thats why its there, thats why we're there.

using double taper wedges is another good way.

Me, I stick with 12" k&h.

But, I've found out just how well they can hide in 6" of powder!!!!
Its finally starting to melt off.

I am trying to imagine how I might position myself to get a wedge in the face. I just don't see that happening the way I drive them. Is this a common problem? I do have them pop out, but they just go sailing into the brush to hide.

The last time I caught one in the cheek my backcut was about knee high and I was downslope slightly, but not enough that my face was in line with it. I don't know how it got me there, but it did. I was kinda glad later (after I realized I had all of my teeth yet) that it wasn't my nuts!

Buy them my friend! I know exactly what your talking about and I purchased 10 of them from northerntool.com I saw them for a I think just 1.80 and I had to try them for the price and the work great. No sliping out and no chips yet. I have some stihl wedges I bought for no telling how much and it seems like I cant hit them with a wet noodle without them chiping. Great buy and great material. It has give and the only show of wear so far is one of them has a dent in the back. the material is very strong but instead of chiping off it will just dent or slightly remold it if you will. Not a problem what so ever.

I have some of those Stihl wedges too, they were $7.50 for an 8"er. Needed some wedges and thats all they had at the nearest place. They chip like hell. The oregons I have dent or kinda mush like you said, but they stay together. I've actually pounded the damn things straight if they get too beat up!

I've never tried the K&Hs but only heard good things. I'd have to reserve those until it gets warmer though. Yellow and orange are hard enough to find in a couple feet of snow.

Latest posts

Back