Hard starting 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WRW said:
My understanding was that Stihl went away from the oiled filters some time back.

All you have to do is LOOK at the filter itself. It'll tell you if you're supposed to oil it or not. Every oval filter I have has a no-oiling symbol on it.

whatsnext,

Absolutely leave the elastic band around the filter. Everytime I clean the filter it is loaded with dust and the main filter just has a little crap to knock out. Really improves the life of the filter. Just ask stihltech. Also, make sure the elastic part of the band is always down. Something about the way the dust from the filter.

Chris B.

The original HD air filter models shipped with a greenish foam prefilter that was supposed to be oiled. Later models shipped with a felt type filter that was NOT supposed to be oiled. If you look closely it is 1/2 of the prefilter that is found on the TS-350 Cutoff saw. In a pinch, you can just cut one in half and have two prefilters for a chainsaw with the HD filter system.

Back