Hardy h2 ash removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR200

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the best way to get the ashes out of a hardy h2 the bottom with out making a mess?

Make your wife do it.

I've always been going to weld a handle onto a small steel pail and use that to scoop and then dump into a garbage can. Something like a maple syrup bucket would work great. As it is I use a long wooden handled steel grain shovel and either dump it into my loader bucket or a steel garbage can and then it goes to my burn pit in my gravel pit.

The truth is that my wife usually does it. Only has to be done a couple of times a year in my OWB.

SH004.jpg
I think this one is like 25 bucks from the hardy parts site but would be easy to make if you have a welder, stick of re-bar and some sheet metal.

J W Younger, I could never use one of those on her. She actually doesn't mind cleaning out the ashes. Besides I'm afraid that if I ever smacked her ass with it she would take it from me and beat me senseless.
Yeah I wouldn't take a chance smacking someone with a shovel who was taking my ashes out either.

Thanks for the replies the wife said kiss my a** so I just used a square tipped shovel and a wheel barrow seemed to work ok but the actual hardy tool might work better.

Latest posts

Back