Has anybody ever made a skiptooth chain From removing cutters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I just figured I'd run with this thread on my experimental garbage picked saw. This saw is awesome with the mods and rebuild issues I corrected so y not make my own skip chain for this thread. It pulled the 18 inch low pro chain fine but let's try to chip wood better.

Anyone find a full skip 18" low pro chain with 62 dl? No reason to make one for a small home owner saw. A fellow member got me into modding these lame poulan homeowner saws.

Yes what the title says ! :O I Am really curious

has anybody ever made a skiptooh chain from a full comp chain using a dremel or grinder ? This would save me a boat load of money

124 DL .404 I Can't clear the chips out fast enough It cuts good till the chips clog up

Thank you !
You need to try a different approach if the chips are clogging between the bar and drivers. Try a thinner and longer chip will increase the speed and reduce cutter pull which interferes with centripetal force. You need to be diligent about keeping it a slight bit tighter than a short bar.
Text book filing 10° up into the corner will achieve this on round chisel. May need to grind or hand file teeth more to thin cips out.
You didn't mention sprocket size but play with the 7 & 8 to get the right combo.

* Make sure the saw is tuned to utilize all the power.
That's as close as I can get ya.

Yea I just figured I'd run with this thread on my experimental garbage picked saw. This saw is awesome with the mods and rebuild issues I corrected so y not make my own skip chain for this thread. It pulled the 18 inch low pro chain fine but let's try to chip wood better.

Anyone find a full skip 18" low pro chain with 62 dl? No reason to make one for a small home owner saw. A fellow member got me into modding these lame poulan homeowner saws.
Statue of limitations.
It's your thread now Mustang!
That's your 028 WB right.
Did you put the bigger cylinder on?

I've seen a lot of LP 3/8 {((( SKIP}))} in semi on top handles put I have only seen and owned LP {{{ SKIP})) in .325 square from Carlton.

full skip
:omg: Now doesn't SKIP sound so much better as you wrote originally above.

My 028wb is all original still. It seems to run fine and cut fine so I havnt messed with it. One of these days it will get a muffler mod and a new cylinder.

My craftsman saw is the experimental saw. That's the one I found in the garbage. If there's something I want to try that saw gets it. Its worked well so far.

Latest posts

Back