Has anyone heard of a skilshop 1716 type 1?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The color doesn`t matter, they are all a clone of the PM340 and 69cc. Made for many years and came in a wide variety of colors.
I think IIRC iv'e seen them in White,Cream, Yellow, Yellow/Black, Red, Red oxide? & two tone Blue all of which were OEM colours & I had a "****** Green" one via the Belgian military

Yes,they came in many colors but were made from the same parts, I have a gold colored one with a black top shroud. We bought it in Newfoundland on a trip there, found it in a little general store hanging from the ceiling covered in dust. We needed a saw to cut our way into an abandoned logging trail and that saw was available and cheap, it did the job and has hung around ever since. A carpenter/framer friend of mine has one with a yellow body and a black top shroud/cover.

Could not make the Ole girl idle so back to basics.....
Strip everything clear of engine, make plates and gaskets to cover intake and exhaust. Attempt to pump up
with hand pump failed so set air compressor reg at 10 psi. Lots of bubbles at pto seal.
Removed the seal and it was packed with grass between seal and bearing!
Now to replace that seal grrrrrr

I have one of these saws (I think - would have to look to confirm model) Runs, but no muffler. They appear to be made of "unobtainium".

Anyone have a parts source?

Replaced the seal
Pumps up fine now. Ever so slight bubbles at the transfer port plugs. Grrrr
Should be fine. Points installed gapped by eye and points open at as close to 30 degrees as i can tell

Latest posts

Back