Has the price of these gone that far?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aquan8tor said:
what I'm curious about is when these saws are shipped from a dealer, or a "warehouse" as they are reffered to be in, does that mean that they will carry the full STIHL warranty?? I've seen a couple of MS660's on Ebay that were listed as overstock from big tree businesses selling unneeded or unused equipment. Seller said STIHL is ok with this, as they arent doing it on a reg. basis, but selling them bc they didnt need them or something.

The warranty of the MS660's was only 90 days from orginal purchase, so if you are buying from a tree service, unused or not, the warranty is probably already over.

Dadatwins said:
Have not priced one of these new lately, have they gone up that much?
Not even going to get into the whole internet selling thing. :taped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

As of right now 10:52PM CST Wedneday he has yet to sell a saw. I will venture a guess no saws will be sold. I will lay odds the seller does not have the saws. If someones bids he will buy the saw from his buddy(local dealer) and ship it out.

Bill

Lakeside53 said:
The warranty of the MS660's was only 90 days from orginal purchase, so if you are buying from a tree service, unused or not, the warranty is probably already over.

Very good to know. I halfway considered it before I bought my ripsaw---I HATE THE FRONT MOUNT CHAIN TENSIONER ON HUSKY'S!!!!!!!! You have to slide the bar back in the mill just to tighten the chain, which because of the clearances, means you have to loosen the depth rails as well, which means you pretty much aren't going to get a perfect cut if you really really need to stop in the middle of that 28" walnut crotch slab. (not that I'm talking about personal experience or anything. What a PITA).

Back