So do I have a problem... or should I just start hanging out on the Poulan thread?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever come up with a mod for the cover. I was thinking about something like the macs use, a rubber grommet with flap for mine.

And that is the beauty of having a plethora of extra parts around. Just mix and match until you have something you like.

I'm in need of some 670 parts if you have any?

I have a 630 carcass that I could part with. Has a roached piston (haven't checked the jug yet). Is missing the AF cover and CB flag (CB lever is the older 2-piece style with the metal arm and plastic flag). Doesn't have a set of dawgs. Beyond that it looks to be complete.

I have a 630 carcass that I could part with. Has a roached piston (haven't checked the jug yet). Is missing the AF cover and CB flag (CB lever is the older 2-piece style with the metal arm and plastic flag). Doesn't have a set of dawgs. Beyond that it looks to be complete.

He wants it for the 670 super II I'm dropping off to him tonight.
8a8apa6y.jpg

This is one reason why you have to set the carb lean while you have the cover off because the spit back will cause a richer mixture when the carb box cover is back on. <-Why I want to figure out how to make it externally adjustable.

Hmmm, now I'm thinking of a completely different filter setup? Wow I could really geek out on this. :bang:

Ah yes 10-4. On some late Poulan Micro series saws (including the Husky 23C) they notched the AF cover and handle/carb box for a grommet.

I've been meaning to scare up one of those grommets to see if the same thing could be done with the XXV series saws. If not that grommet then maybe a 10-series Mac grommet like you suggested.

Back