Husqv experts, what do I have here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin j

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
View attachment 277386View attachment 277387View attachment 277388View attachment 277389View attachment 277385

I bought a 36 inch Granberg Alaska Chainsaw Mill on Craigslist for $100. (Not really practical or time to take on a new hobby, but I have one particular tree in mind for nostalgia and personal connection reasons.)

It came with a 36 bar and (1) ripping chain, and a parts saw that was 'seized'. I bought it because the picture was a Husqv, so the bar would be a large Husky mount and fit my Dolmar. I expected a 60-75 cc parts saw, or a rebuildable at best.

Turns out the saw was not seized at all, just very tired rings. Bore is excellent, piston is excellent. It is also apparently an early 70's 100 cc : ) If I ever get the tree, I would like to top end the Husky for the mill and not risk overloading the newer saw.

So here is what I have: No tags or serial number found, except Husqv.
No chainbrake. Not sure if points or electronic. Tillotson carb. Has a manual oiler, and probably an auto.
55.7 bore x 40 mm stroke. Two ring piston. I did not measure rings.

On Acre's, I did not find any 55.7 bore, but found several 56 x 40, 99 cc.
I think what I have is a 1973-75 1100 CD, because it did not list a brake. 2100, 2101, and 298 all look similar but show brakes.

1. Is this what I have?
2. Will rings and crank seals interchange between all of them?
3. Any unusual weak points, NLA parts, or things to watch for on this model?

Might be a year or more till I get to it, but now that I have the new toy I am fixated to find out what it is.

kcj

struggling with the pics. found a previous post with the process, but the copy shortcut step is missing. but at least the small pics showed up. k

Last edited:
It's a 2100cd I don't believe the 1100's had manual oilers. I had a 2100cd without a brake. They are big ballers and can pulll a long bar with ease.

2100 or 2101, 99cc torque monster. Most brakes were chucked as they added weight, the fellows who used them to fell timber came from a era where there were no brakes.

Not an 1100 since they had plastic handles and the 298 had no manual oiler, most likely a 2100.

SCORE! I would have paid that for the bare mill. The 36" B&C isn't an inexpensive proposition, and the powerhead!!!:rock:

Back